Bridgevine / Rebate Scam

1 2770 Indian River Blvd. Ste. 501Vero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (772) 564.9871

I signed up with Bridgevine for Comcast Double Play (cable tv and high speed internet) in August 2008. They clearly told me it would be $ 66/month for 12 months along with $ 225 cash back and free modem and router after mail in rebate. I have the print out from their website saying so. Gonna attach it here.
Product Details

Name: Double Play - TV and Internet with Power Boost

Price: $66.00 Per Month

Current Promotion: $225 Cash Back
Description: Customer qualifies for a $225 Cash Back rebate when purchasing Comcast High
Speed Internet and Digital Cable services from this site.

Expiration Date: September 30, 2008 11:59 PM

Disclaimer: Customer must order service from this site. Customer must complete rebate form
and mail all required documentation to address listed on rebate forms. Please see rebate forms for complete details.

Current Promotion: $66.00 for 12 Months
Description: $66.00 for 12 Months

Disclaimer: Offer ends 09/30/08, is only available in wired and serviceable areas in
participating Comcast systems (and may not be transferred) and is limited to

When I contacted Comcast about it, I was shocked to find out that the promotional rate of 66/month is good only or 6 months. I waited to see howBridgevine would respond to it. They told me Comcast had the final say on it. I sent my rebate forms for the modem in time and waited. I did get the rebates back- one from D-Link and one from Bridgevine. However, when I inquired about the $ 225 cash back, they told me I had to send in another rebate forms for that. In the beginning when I asked them about the cashback, they had clearly told me once modem rebates are taken care of in 10-14 weeks, they would send me the cash back money. I now found out that was a lie. I had to send in the rebate form for the cash back too. Since I was not told about it then, I am out of luck for that cash back money of $ 225. I think they are so disorganized that they haven't even updated that I have already gotten the rebate for my modem yet. It still says it is being processed. I am definitely going to file a complaint against Bridgevine with BBB. I have the copy pasted version of their Comcast Double Play (for cable tv and high speed internet) with me. I hope that will be sufficient to bring them to book. If any of you happen to have the original printed version of it, that would be great. I didn't have a printer then, so had to settle for the copy-pasted version. Any body care to assist me with this mission? If you could, please write to me in my e-mail rareromeo@yahoo.com

Comments

Ex
  17th of Apr, 2009

You're lucky. I didn't even receive router rebate & $200 cashback. I am wondering how we can fight back against Bridgevine Scam. We absolutely do something about such a scam for future victims.

Thanks,
HK

Ve
  18th of Jun, 2009

Hi, rareromeo and Excal,

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with Bridgevine. I work at Bridgevine and don't like to see unhappy customers. Please email me your confirmation code if you still have it and I'll personally look into this matter and report directly back to you.

Thanks
mark.ballard@bridgevine.com

Ms
  21st of Sep, 2009

Here is a copy of my latest correspondence to the Bridgevine debacle. I will update the status if/when I get a response; and because I have a law degree, I will not hesitate one second to file a lawsuit in D.C. Superior Court. The court only charges 5 bucks for small claims under $500!

Hello Mr. Ballard,

I got your information from the following Website https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/bridgevine-c141385.html. My tracking number is above and my confirmation code is #363364775. I have tried calling the number on the card Bridgevine sent to me, but the computer just makes up some other tracking number when I punch mine in, so I can not get through. My card indicates that, among other things, my rebate form was missing. The is absolutely untrue. Furthermore, I have been gone from my home for over 2 months and just now received the undated notice requiring me to respond by 07/22/2009. My last correspondence was with chrystabelle.desmond@offerwire.com on 07/03/09, and he told me to wait 8-12 weeks. Well, it has been about that long, and now I come home to a notice telling me to respond by a certain date, and indicating the wrong rebate offer, that my form was missing, and that the order number was missing from the form. This is absolutely untrue, and I have copies of everything I sent. I will be happy to send (again) copies of things Bridgevine says I never sent, but I will be very unhappy if they use the time they asked me to wait against me to refuse my rebate. Please advise.

Matthew S. Throop, J.D.
901 6th Street SW
Apt. 601-A
Washington, D.C. 20024

Ms
  21st of Sep, 2009

Mark at Bridgevine really came through. He had my situation resolved a check promised within 2 hours! Way to go Bridgevine! I have attached correspondences below and will update again when I receive a check.

Matthew,

I have forwarded your email to Debbie Garrett here at Bridgevine. Debbie is in charge of Sales Support. Give her a day or so to get back to you. If you don't hear anything from her you can contact her directly at debbie.garrett@bridgevine.com

Thanks

Public Relations Manager
Bridgevine Inc.
mark.ballard@bridgevine.com
2770 Indian River Boulevard, Suite 501 | Vero Beach, FL 32960 | (P) 772.539.0618 (F) 772.316.1004

Matthew Throop,

Mark has forwarded your email for research and response. In reviewing your submission, the envelope was addressed under Promotion #09-81452. This Promotion did not begin until May 5, 2009. Your service order was placed on April 29, 2009. The scanned submission does not reflect the actual rebate form only service bills from Comcast and confirmation of payment of these bills.

With this said, however, we have confirmed the orders activation and its duration with Comcast. Therefore, we will override the rejection of the submission and issue the rebate in the amount of $150. Due to the overriding of the rejection, you will not be able to see an additional information via our online site. I will email you once again with the actual check mail date.
________________________________________________________
Debbie Garrett, Senior Manager, Sales Operations | Bridgevine, Inc. | debbie.garrett@bridgevine.com
2770 Indian River Boulevard Ste. 501 | Vero Beach, FL 32960