Bridal Factory / Wedding dress wrong

1 horsley DriveWetherill Park, United States Review updated:

I was made to pay full amount up front befor dress was made.
It was supposed to be there in January but did not arrive until March. My wedding was in april.
It was the wrong dress.
They would not give back my money.
They said it was the dress i picked.
I have witnesses to say it was not.
They were rude.
I am now taking them to consumer affairs as i had to buy another wedding dress and they still wont give back my money.
If anyone else has had problems with the bridal factory i would love to hear from you.

Ca

Comments

• We
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I was pressured into paying $1000 deposit for a dress on a Sunday afternoon (approx 1pm) - It was the 1st Bridal shop I walked in and only the 2nd dress I had actually tried on... THEY KNEW THIS!

One Staff member quaoted me $2700 (this was supposedly discounted) the other then quoted me $2200... they pretended to argue amongst themselves eventually settling on the lower price and convinced me I was " so Lucky!"

I was in and out of the shop in approx 45mins - as soon as i walked out I knew I had picked the wrong dress... It was a big fluffy dress that whilst I admit looked amazing on ... what bridal gown doesn look amazing on at first? I am a simple person andthe dress was in no way shape or form in line with my character...

I came home that afternoon and went straight on the internet to look at their website... as it turns out THEY DONT HAVE ONE! what I did find through further investigation was serious complaints dating back to 2003 of women like myself who had been duped!

I called Monday Morning and spoke with the sales girl... I cried and apologised for the inconvenience however I wanted my $1000 back considering it was less than 24hrs and the order had only been written on a piece of paper - NO INVOICE HAD ACTUALLY BEEN PROCESSED.

She agreeed to stop anything from being processed but suggested I come in next weekend to have another look before I made any rash decisions as they have many Simple styles I may prefer...

... I came back with my mum and 2 girlfriends who were witness to the most unprofessional, lack of integrity from these business people. This was 3 mths ago... I have begged, pleaded and written formal requests to get my money back and they refuse.

So basically they earned $1000 for wrting 5 words on an invoice???

I have since heard of many many many similar stories but NO ONE was quite as stupis as me in handing over $1000 - most people only paid $100 - $200 deposits... BUT I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A BARGIN????

Anyway, I will too take then to court, purely on principle... but I will wait till I calm down a little more because I would rather be professional and not emotional when going through such a battle against unethical people who clearly have no morals.

Good luck to anyone who has had the misfortune of coming across these disgusting people.

• Za
      12th of Jul, 2010

Was this an online store? http://www.bridalsfactory.com/wedding-dresses-with-sleeves3.html

• Ae
      11th of Jul, 2012

I have had a similar experience