Brick Montreal/Marche central / not covering warranty

1 Montreal, Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:

In 2005 I bought an extended warranty on my leather recliner.
It was called a Master surface coverage. Today this coverage is
not offered to the client because the Brick lost too much money
from it. It was for all accidents that could happen to the leather.
My recliner got 2 mid deep marks in the seat area and one further
down that caused 3 small but torn( ripped!!!) pieces. They came and accessed
the damage and when they called me back said they would not
repair the damaged area. I told them I had the Master surface
plan and that I was told that it covered all accidents. They then said
that they considered the damage to be scratches but if they were rips
it would have been covered. I said that I was told any accident/ marks would
be covered and that they were not honoring the warranty. I also said
that the reason they don't have the plan anymore was because they
were covering all accidents and found they lost money. But in the meanwhile that wasn't my fault and I am still covered under that plan and they are obliged to fix it. Well as you can guess they said they were not going to cover it period. I talked to anyone that would listen and it got me no where. The warranty is just a piece of paper as
far as I am concerned. The Brick likes to take our money but has no honor system. I hope they close down and every idiot that I dealt with gets a feel of Karma!!

Comments

• Wa
      2nd of May, 2009

this is happining to me now.i called the consumer protection program and they advised me to hire specialist and give the Brick a deadline to repair . if they did not respond, i am sure i will go further to the court.

if anyone interested plz contact me

• Fu
      13th of May, 2009

come make your compalint here and voice it like you did here

do not forget tell your friends about us !

• Do
      30th of Mar, 2011

I too am dealing with The Brick and have been for months. I have a mark on my chair - I think it might be crazy glue. It does not come off. When I contacted The Brick they said I had to first hire a professional cleaner at my expense. "We are not a cleaning service!!" The chair is also falling apart and missing a screw or two. I have been waiting for 3 months for them to receive the screw and getting the runaround. Advice - don't buy from The Brick!!

• Mi
      30th of Oct, 2011

I'm dealing with the same refusal to honor the warranty issue. Same "master surface coverage" which was previously mentioned.

Was any of you guys successful in getting the warranty service we paid for? Any advice?