Breyers Ice Creampecan shells in ice cream and broke my tooth!

2 Review updated:

I purchased, as i always have, butter pecan box of breyers ice ceam from a retailer which i will not name because i love their store. I was a little more than half into the box when i bit down on something very very hard. When i pulled i out of my mouth, it was pecan shells and It Broke My Tooth! I called the company immediately about the incident and filed my consumer complaint. They in turn gave me a reference number to refer back to when in two or three days a representative gave me a return call. They Never Did! I called the company and gave my reference number and guess what? They did not know what i was talking about. The refernce number was not taken in the computer, my name was not taken down, and there was no recoed of me even calling the company! Imagine That! So i had to give the rep. my information all over again and she kept apologizing to me. Well, they sent me out a package to take to my dentist to fill out, sent a package to send in the bos that the prodect came in, x-rays that i had have taken by the dentist, and the portion of the contents that came from my mouth?.(This is what the first reopresentative told me to do in the first place, have x-rays done of my tooth and the estimate of how much the work would cost)|.So now i have the estimate, the x-rays and the pecan shells ready to send in t the company;. So in the meantime they send me what i call a parting gift that says no matter what your dentist says, we are not resposible for your broken tooth'.They send me coupons for more ice cream and other products that the company makes;.Now does anone out ther feel that they are going to fix my tooth? No i do not think so! So my advice to all of you, Never ever file a complaint to a company because they will not own up to their mistakes no matter what it costs the consumer in the end! Yes, their boxes have been ever-shrinking and the prices ever-rising, like we would not even notice, huh!I hope they read the complaints again them beause they ned to hear them". We are the one who are buying this stuff so we have te right to complain about it! If it were not for us, they would not be in business, . I will be back with a later update about this to tell you all if they really refused to have my tooth fixed!

• M
      Jun 20, 2011

She can sue Breyer's, if she was to win, (unlikely) they could in turn sue the nut makers. Breyer's has some responsibility for it's products. I would guess that they would just settle for the bill if it even got that far. Which it wouldn't. The tooth could have already been damaged or weak. I broke a tooth on a granola bar and went on with my day. ###, it's in the back anyways. If it had broken my front tooth, things would be different.

• C
      Apr 30, 2012

I love breyers and love cookies n cream but I've never gotten a half gallon of cookies n cream "HOLD THE COOKIES"!!! So sucks!!!