Breville Ikon / Customer Service/Faulty Appliance

Breville USA
19400 S. Western Ave
I bought a Breville Ikon kettle that stopped working after 3 weeks of use.

2 hours on hold for customer service (no answer).

8 emails (only an autoreply).

I cannot get them to replace the defective kettle, cannot get any response whatsoever. Having emailed them proof of purchase and all the info asked for in the autoreply, I should have a new kettle by now.

A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
I have been on hold for several hours with no answer. At first around Christmas they said it was "the Christmas rush" and long holds were due to that. Now that I have called about 6 different times all being on hold for 2 hours or more I know this is a lie.

I got a grinder for Christmas broken right out of the box, emails, phone calls, NO REPLY. They said someone would send a shipping label and box, NOTHING ever came.

I will be contacting the BBB on this situation as well. AWFUL customer service and crappy merchandise for such a "respected" company.
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by
Ikon Breville electric kettle shorted out after 9ne year of use. It should not have happened. Please replace the kettle. My tel # 410-990-0393 USA # or 3027 Aberdeen Rd, Annapolis MD 21403. USA Derek Watridge.
A  26th of Oct, 2009 by
Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I sent an email about how to get my Ikon kettle serviced - out of warrantee
Took them a week to respond to me and asked me for the serial number
I provided the number and never heard back from them
I then called their customer service dept. (CSD) and was put on hold for forever
I called back another day - again waited for forever and hung up.
The next time I called I decided to use the callback feature. They called me back within an hour.
I then explained my issue and gave them a code from the kettle = they said my kettle was not under warrantee - I explained I KNEW that already and asked how to get it fixed. I was give a phone number for their service center in Illinois - only it was the fax number and not the actual phone number.
I called the service center twice and they don't even have voice mail.
I probably will drive my kettle there and see what the deal is.
So basically three week later and I still know nothing.