Brentwood Bulldogs / Rip off

United States Review updated:

We were in contact with Elena for about 6 months - finally picked out a puppy. Mini's cost about $700+ more than standard bulldogs. Our puppy is not a mini and Elena is nowhere to be found - Website is down.
Note, she has several different sites - http://originalminibulldogs.com/ and once was part of some organization called MBCOA. We initially did not purchase from her cause they would not hand out the AKC Certs - under Brendwood, she did.

However, the puppy is not a miniature, he is 60 lbs. We love our puppy and would not trade him in for anything. But Elena should have been forthcoming and be compensated appropriately for what she gave us. She is in Florida and the puppy shipped from Arkansas - she was not forthcoming and made it seem like she had the puppy with her!

She is extremely religious - placing 'God Bless' on every e-mail. What an oxymorron as she is a crook!
Va

Comments

Je
  17th of Nov, 2008
We bought our daisy about 4 months ago. She is 6 months and 35 pounds.
We have still not received her paperwork.
We were told she was all white, but shes really piebald.
Elena is great with contacts until she gets the $ then she is really hard to get a hold of.
She is nice, but her contact skills are not good.
I wish i would of bought from a more experienced company. Now they are out of business, i do not have my paperwork and I am worried if my guarantee is still good.
Ju
  12th of Dec, 2008
We too were taken in by Elena and her Brentwood Bulldog site. Our family looked for a puppy for months and corresponded with Elena by email many times. My teenage daughter also spoke to her by phone. She was always friendly, knowledgeable, answered our questions, and when we were torn between two of the puppies, she even told us what personality traits they had, etc-made it seem then like she had the puppies. She really reeled us in with her religiousness and references to the military. We bought a Mini English Bulldog for $2500.00.When we picked up our puppy at the airport, the only thing that came with her was a shipping slip from some "person" in Missouri. She was tiny, and sick.Our vet INSISTED we had bought "a puppy mill dog" and we refused to believe it. After many questions to Elena with vague answers about why the dog came from MO and Brentwood's in FL, where's the dog's paperwork, etc, etc, and hundreds of dollars later, Elena wasn't so friendly and forthcoming anymore. Never got her paperwork. The dog ended up being pretty much a mini, with some of the bulldog health issues and conformation, but we didn't care. We loved her! Sadly, as the dog matured, she became steadily more agressive and we ended up having to re-home her with a wonderful woman who doesn't have kids and has other dogs. We hope Elena has been shut down so she cannot deceive any more people. Unfortunately, these people usually pop up somewhere else, with a different name, same game. Sad.
Ge
  13th of Apr, 2009
We bought a "mini" bulldog from Elena, too. My husband did a lot of investigating into Brentwood Bulldogs being legit or not, and Elena still managed to dupe us. She might have told us at some point she was a puppy broker, we cannot remember... but her site definitely makes a buyer think she has all the puppies. She sent us photos of our puppy's parents, which may or may not be his real parents??? I will say this, our puppy did end up looking very similar in face and structure as one of the dogs in the photos that were sent to us. Of course the photos did not have any sort of baseline elements to give us a perspective of how big the adult dogs were. Needless to say, our "mini" is nearly 70lbs. He has the body of a normal bulldog, but his legs are a bit shorter. Our bulldog is 2 1/2 years old now, and he isn't over weight, he is just very solid... like a tank. He is a great dog, and we wouldn't trade him for the world, but we paid a lot of money for false advertising. I have resorted to the probable fact that we purchased him from a puppy-mill. It makes me sick to my stomach to think we contributed to a puppy-mill, but I find comfort in knowing our dog had a right to a better life and he certainly has a better life now. Lesson learned... don't buy purebreds without visiting the facilities and seeing the puppy's parents. Hopefully, this site can generate enough complaints to keep Elena on the run or better, yet, out of business. Elena, your judgement day will come. God has been watching you make a living scamming people. No amount of prayer on your website will save you from your evil doings.
Lk
  22nd of Jun, 2009
I have a 1 1/2 year old english bulldog that was a given to my son as a gift after our other bulldog passed away. My previous experiences with bulldogs has been wonderful and I feel that I am pretty knowledgeable about the breed. I have used the same vet for over 10 years and am extremely confident in him as well. Although the bulldog we received as a gift (purchashed from Elena/Brentwood Bulldogs) is an absolutely sweet and affectionate puppy, she has had more health problems in her 1st year of life than you can believe! As soon as her first problems surfaced (within the first few weeks of owning her) I contacted Elena and things seemed ok with her approach and willingness to listen and help...but as things really began to unfold for this poor dog, she became very difficult to contact (took very long to return emails) and very confrontational. I did EVERYTHING she told me to do in terms of documenting the problems for monetary compensation under both Florida and Missouri laws (the dog was physically bred in Missouri: Black Bear Kennels) as they pertain to breeding/selling dogs. Well it has been MONTHS and there has been NO RESPONSE by Elena or Black Bear Kennels! It is beyond me how this can go on and how she can do what she does. I realize there are many people out there with the same situation as our family. All I can say is this: ELENA, IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE KNOW THAT MY NEXT TRIP TO FLORIDA WILL NOT ONLY INCLUDE A VISIT TO DISNEY, BUT TO A LAWYER TO PURSUE LEGAL ACTION! I TOLD YOU IN AN EMAIL ONCE THAT IGNORING THE SITUATION WAS NOT THE WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS! YOU SAID YOUR HUSBAND WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT AND YOU GAVE ME A REAL SONG AND DANCE ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE...AGAIN, MY SYMPATHIES IF THAT IS ALL TRUE. BUT I WILL LEGALLY PURSUE YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU NEVER ARE INVOLVED IN ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH PETS! WE WILL HAVE OUR DAY IN COURT! UNTIL THEN GET A SECOND JOB BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LOT OF MEDICAL BILLS TO PAY!!!
Ch
  25th of Feb, 2013
We had bought a miniature bulldog spent 3, 000 and he is now full grown and weighs 85 lbs and is not over weight I was also promised free shipping was charged 400 for shipping