BREEDER NETWORK / PUPPY MILL/FACTORY

1 3900 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-237-2285

Well I worked for Breeder's Direct and let me just say this. They DO NOT CARE WHERE THE PUPPY GOES! I started with the idea that Yes we were supposed to care about the information we tried to get from the customers and let me tell you when it came down to is it a safe home or make the sale...Management just wanted the sale!!!They could care less what the home was like it was all a front so it seemed like they cared. Trust me I read of the SCRIPT!!! for 6 months and your job was to get them to think they were not going to be approved. You goal was to make them think there was something wrong with the family there was a reason you weren't going to approve them...I quit because I was not comfortable with having to make the decision of sending a dog to a home I knew wouldn't be fit. Word for word Well we've gone through a lot of information and I have a lot of notes and answers I need to review. I will be back in a moment with my decision. If for any reason you are not approved please do not be discouraged. But as you can understand we only want our puppies to go to the best home and we would never risk our relationships with our breeders for anyone... So good luck and Ill be back in a moment with my decision...Pass call off to manager... Ok my breeder specialist has a couple more things he'd like to go over with you i'm going to transfer you now... Its bull. Its all money money money. Your in an office god knows where the breeder really is if its a legit breeder and where they get the information from those breeders. They claim we have a personal relationship with the breeder and 6 months later I have never known of one specifically. Please save the time and heartache there are better quality dogs that are akc aca so on and so on that have papers that are much cheaper. This place uses no discretion in handing out puppies. In my eyes its just as bad as a puppy mill if not worse because you really have no idea where they are coming from. We are a factory our job was to sell as many puppied as we could in a day no matter where they go. I had a guy in Arizona who wanted a Siberian husky. never owned a dog in his life had no clue how to care for one and i asked should i deny this application and The manager said No if hes ready to pay sell it... They don't care where it goes as long as they make money off of it. And they sell this warranty but what they don't tell you is if the dog ever dies of the congenital defect you have to perform an autopsy on the dog and provide proof that is what it died from which can be very expensive to do which you are not reimbursed for. and the testing involved to accurately find a congenital defect can end up costing more than what you paid for the dog.. For example if they find a murmur on a puppy you have to see a cardiology specialized vet and get ekg's and blood tests and other tests... the test alone will be twice what you paid for the dog and whats the answer if you do follow through... You get endless voicemails and promises of return phone calls. I witnessed for 6 months the headaches people endured trying to claim warranty coverage... they give up! Yes breedernetwork.com is formally breeder's direct. Check the BBB list the address and phone number are the same. Its a scam people. If you haven't had an issue your one of the lucky ones and count your blessings. But take it from someone on the inside.. ITS A COMPLETE SCAM AND SHOULD BE AS ILLEGAL AS PUPPY MILLS!!!

Ma

Comments

• Hl
      29th of Sep, 2010
    BREEDER NETWORK - Puupy Papers
    Florida

I recently purchased an English Bulldog $2, 700 (9wks old) and when I received the little guy...he was flown in from Florida he was already sick!!! I was given 48 hrs to have a vet check him and out I did and the vet informed me that he already had a stool problem... I thought not big deal right?!?! Yeah right! Not even a week late later (but more than 48hrs) he was taken back to the vet due to a horrible cough and runny nose. At this point I am staying up all night with him just to make sure he stays alive and the cough doesn’t getting worse. The vet now informs me that not only does he have an upper respiratory infection but he also has a case of ring worm and kennel cough...($340 bill). The vet informed me that he did not get this just in the week that he was with me, his expert opinion was that he had to have gotten all these infections from a horrible living environment he was in prior to being shipped!!! I was horrified how can theses so called "breeders" or this "breedersnetwork" website states they are the BEST?!?! The best at selling sick dogs an only giving a 48 hr vet check...what a joke!! Another joke……….. I am still waiting on are his puppy papers I have yet to receive them and every time I call its the run around with voice mails or when I do get a live person its oh I'm sorry his paper work can take up to 8 months to be received! What 8 moths who ever heard of such a thing just send them over it’s been 4 months now and I am still waiting!!!

Thank goodness he is almost 100% healthy now and he is loving life thanks to the wonderful vet, I am very happy that he is a part of our family and just the thought of him being in a horrible living environment before he was shipped sickens me, please next time you buy a puppy from them be AWARE!!!

• Br
      29th of Mar, 2011
    BREEDER NETWORK - STILL have no credit card refund
    breedernetwork.com

I purchased one of their puppies on December 28, 2017. On January 3, 2017 I called to cancel my order because I bought the puppy on impulse and was not ready for the financial responsibility of raising a puppy. The Breeder Network said the money should be refunded to my credit card withing 7-10 business days. After about 20 phone calls and 3.5 months later, I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND ON MY CREDIT CARD. This is ridiculous and each time I call they say "you're refund is in the queue and should be processed in 2 days". I wait another week, still nothing and call again. "You're money is in the queue and should be processed in 2 business days". This has gone on for since January 3, 2017 and it is now March 29. DO NOT buy from this company it is such a scam and they will not refund your money.

• To
      29th of Mar, 2011

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please call our office and ask for Kevin in accounting. He will immediately resolve your issue.

Thank you.

Tom
    Breeder Network Operations Manager

20th of May, 2011
    BREEDER NETWORK - 1 month puppy not received
    Breeder Network
    201 alhambra circle #501 Coral Gables Fla.
    Coral Gables
    Phone: 18009681893
    breedernetwork.com

All scheduled flights of puppy cancelled by breeder network day prior to expected delivery. Purchase price charged on 4/16/11. Their last excuse on 5/19/11 for cancelling shipping of puppy on 5/20/11 is that their charge card "processor" was holding the payments of 240 of their customers, me being one of them. Did it take them a month to realize their processor was not forwarding payments? My charge statement shows payment. Where is the money and why? My charge card rep. never heard of this happening. They claim 240 charges were placed "incorrectly", and will give me credit on orig. charge if I will allow them to recharge amt. "correctly". If they can't access orig. payment how can they credit? Why are their funds on hold? Sounds fishy, and I want out without forfeiting $495.00. I've c/o to BBB, Fla. Attorney Gen'l, and filed a dispute with my charge card. Any suggestions?

20th of May, 2011

correction: purchased 1 mo.ago & not rec'd yet!

• Po
      22nd of May, 2011

I was one of the breeders who advertised on Breeder Network, I raise one breed only and they are AKC and UKC registered. The reason the puppies flights are continually canceled is because the breeders are not paid for the puppies and shipping expenses by Breeder Network. I have taken puppies several time to the Vet for exams and health certificates, because I was told to ship the next day, when the payment is not forthcomming, I could not ship and the healh certificates expired. As it is, they have persuaded me in the past to ship several puppies over the weekend with a promise I would be paid by Monday, right, which Monday!! This Co. is a SCAM!!! Do not expect a refund from them, if they had $$$ to refund buyers, they could pay the breeders and everyone would receive their puppies. The only way to receive your money back is to a chargeback on your credit card.

23rd of May, 2011
    BREEDER NETWORK - nondelivery,nonpayments,no refunds
    breeder network
    Florida

I say we go to office and do an old fashioned sit-in, disrupting phone conversations, and picketing. I'm 60yrs old, so what if I get arrested? I'm ready to rock and roll!

• Po
      9th of Aug, 2011

A few months ago The Breeder Network was in the news
    for being a online puppy mill haven. I worked there, up until May.
    When they let every one go because of problems with their so called
    merchant account. They are a big scam. I haven't been paid yet. They
    may be recognized by their other names BreederDirect, or Premium
    Breeders. NOW THEY ARE CALLED "BreederHQ. They keep changing their
    name. I called texted and went to the office on 3900 Hollywood blvd to
    pick up my check to no avail. They were never there.I watched as Sandy
    Maheo and Amy Carroll who are the head of customer service and Health
    claims ducked and dodged all the complaints and refunds. Amy had
    stacks upon stacks of Medical Papers from all the sick and dying to
    dead dogs that she needed to go through..and she never did.. she had
    claims from when they were BreederDirect that were still without a
    resolution. They didnt want their customers to know they changed their
    company name. I remember her telling me that a 6, 000 dollar yorkie she
    sold to some rich guy wasnt even the same yorkie he thought he was
    buying..the puppy he wanted was unavailable and she snuck another one
    in just so she didnt lose the sale. That happened all the time. I was
    transferred from the Sales department to Customer Service to up
    inventory..they wanted me to hire Breeders any breeders that would
    post. They dont even pay the breeders. She has a list of how much she
    owes them..about 90k. This company is a scam. Along with the fact that
    Vineet Chhabra already went to jail for it. He is opening up another
    company...DrHQ too. They havent paid employees breeders or customers.

• Ra
      18th of Aug, 2011

I agree with the complaints, my daughter bought a husky well over a year ago and I call every other day to hear the same story about the papers. She still has not gotten them. Now I call and the number rings two times then goes to a busy signal.. I have a yorkie and I had her papers when I got her!! My daughter spent almost 2, 000 bucks and had him flown in and everything... what a rip off... I feel so bad for her!!! Now I do not even have a phone number for them...Any help out there on what we should do?
    I need to get his papers and I do not know how to go about it.
    Lorraine
    [protected]@aol.com

• Sh
      6th of Sep, 2011

My experience was exactly the same 2, 500 for my french bulldog championship bloodlines all that jazz never got the papers and now look they are shut down wow how nice... no micro chip which was supposed to be already in him my vet say um theres no micro chip what in the world, hes healthy and perfect but wow im amazed... shows who you can trust... nobody

15th of Sep, 2011

I am really surprised to read all these complaints concerning Breeders Network. I contacted them in April about obtaining a yorkie pup, whose picture was posted on their website, They called me back and did an interview with me regarding the kind of home environment I offered. I paid by credit card. After not hearing from them after I had given them my credit card number, I called and they said their system with credit cards was not working and that I should open a Pay Pal account., which I did. They then called me back and gave me the flight date and flight number for my puppy's arrival. Well, my puppy arrived as scheduled. They then called me later on the day of arrival to see if the pup had arrived safely. They then called me 2 weeks after the shipment of the pup to see if I had taken him to a vet to get checked out. I had, and he checked out fine. I am completely satisfied with my purchase from Breeders Network. I even received papers on the pup. My pup, Buster is completely healthy and happy and brings so much joy to our household.
    All these problems I'm reading about must have occured after the purchase of my pup. He was eight weeks old when I received him.
    He is now 6 months old and a very fine member of my family.
    I have no complaints about Breeders Network.

21st of Oct, 2011