Bray & Company / Did not return my security deposit

The Bray Co. accepted my oral thirty days notice that I did not want to renew my lease (at the time I didn't even know that they owned the building). Chuck Wendt said that it was okay until I bought my house. I continued to pay them their rent on time and when I moved I returned the unit in excellent condition.

90 days later is when I found out that these people own the building. Now these no good ******* are keeping my 1740 dollars security deposit, and the Cleveland Housing Court Magistrate Witt is allowing them to get away with it. Please Do Not Rent!! from this company. Because of an automatic renewal agreement with the other property owner. Ohio Housing Laws only protect the property owner it does absolutely nothing for the consumer.

If we as consumers stick together maybe they will be out of business which would serve them right. I can't get justice in court hopefully I can warn other potential tenants.

The building roof leaks really bad when it rains and they won't do anything about it and neither will your renter's insurance. They have sewer roaches that are so big that their legs look like their on miniature stilts, that they fail to tell you about in their advertising and that they let tenants in the other buildings park in your building. They also allowed the other tenants pets to pee in the elevators and in the front entrance hall and crap all over the lawn.

Also the elevators stop working every now and then and if they stop on the weekend’s good luck with getting them to come out and fixing them. I hope that you all read this before you rent with the Bray Company at 2621 North Moreland Blvd Cleveland, Ohio 44120. These people are a bunch of snakes please warn you friends!!!

Thanks for listening if feels real good to vent.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Jul, 2008

I rented from this evil company, and 2 weeks later, my husbnd, two kids, 1yr., & 9 year old were hospitalised for toxins in the home, they did nothing for temp housing & turn us in to collections, WE OWE THEM, kept secriuty deposit, no one will rent 2 us due to our credit report showing we OWE THEM.

• Sm
      24th of Feb, 2009

I had the same issues with my ceiling. I had a hole in my kitchen ceiling for 2 months before it was fixed. Several months later, a huge hole formed in my bedroom ceiling. It rained in my bedroom for months. It wasn't until I contacted the health department that it was finally fixed. There are feral cats all over the premises - I cannot even do my laundry here because it is so foul in the laundry area.

DO NOT get involved with this company.