Bray and Scarff / Delivery and Service Departments

We have bought appliances from the Frederick store on 2 occasions. In 2003 a new refrigerator, which required numerous visits from repair personnel within a month of purchase, and the loss of food on 3 occassions (of which they refused to reimburse even when 2 of the times was their fault). Makes us wonder if what we're buyingg are refurbished appliances. And this with the appliance under warranty still. After a few months of this nonsense we decided to forego B&S for any and all repairs, getting our own repair person, and of course paying for all of it ourselves, as they refused to reimburse us. We recently are updating our kitchen, plus needed a new washer and dryer, and forgot our horrible experience with this company back in 2003. Not the sales people, who are helpful and know their stuff, but with everything and everyone else. We spent over $8000 for a new washer and dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, and range. On delivery day the dishwasher was not here, but no one at the company had the courtesy to call to let us know. The men who delivered the appliances barely spoke English, and what little one did, I could maybe understand 10% of it. These guys also damaged a door when bringing in the washer and dryer and when checking the range did not tell us that one of the burners did not work. Upon discovering the non-working burner I called to set up a repair time, and told them what time someone would be here. I had to tell them 3 times, over the course of 2 days, the time we would be here, and even the time of the day the guy did come. He still managed to come early, so it was a good thing we were able to get home in time! Not that it mattered, as this guy was totally clueless on what was wrong. He opened the lid and looked in. Hmmm. Looks fine to me. Looked fine to me too. He wanted the breaker off, which he turned off, then went to jiggle some wires (I guess), then went to turn the breaker back on. Kabooey! Either he broke the breaker switch or it blew out. Who knows. All we know is that we now have to replace the breaker switch. Also, we're without a range for a week. So we're cooking on our BBQ grill out in the rain and being attacked by bugs. Whenever I have called to talk to them about any of these problems I am talked to in a rude and/or condescending manner. Yea, I have called a few times, but each time has been warranted and I do not think I deserve to be be treated in such a manner. Maybe the next time we need new appliances there will be someplace else to go.

Comments

• Hu
      18th of Jul, 2018

Haven't had to deal with Bray and Scarff concerning repairs but if it is in any way as incompetent as just getting new appliances delivered, we are in trouble. We purchased appliances for a house that was being renovated. After we had to reschedule the delivery we informed them we would just call and let them know what day to deliver. When the time came we discovered not only had the appliances been sold to someone else but we would have to wait another week for the new ones to arrive then they couldn't be delivered until the following week. First I was told that when Bray and Scarff orders and the order is delayed they go ahead and sell the ones they have on hold for another customer. I was told by someone else the appliances were not supposed to be sold out from under us in that way. So when I asked if we could get it delivered first thing on the day of delivery they said they couldn't do it because the route is generated by the computer. Even though this entire fiasco delayed us by 2 weeks. Day of delivery I was told we were the last stop and they would arrive between 4 and 5 pm - well lo and behold they finally showed up at 6:45pm. We will not be ordering from Bray and Scarff ever again. I just pray there are no issues with the appliances we did purchase from them.