Bravofly / indirect flights

1 England, Dorset, United Kingdom Review updated:

Really angry with their booking system which gave me a flight option which then required paying another 95 Euros at the airport. The flight was not direct, it went through Milan and arrived there at 00:20 and the next flight was at 07:45. A long time to wait overnight, but I thought I'd sleep in the airport and it was the cheapest flight option. What I failed to notice was that in the flight details it said the first flight arrived in one airport, and the second flight left from another. This wouldn't be too much of a problem during the day, a bit of a surprise maybe, and a 15 Euro bus from one airport to the other. But at gone midnight there were no buses and the airport was closing so there were no staff around to help me. I don't speak Italian and had no Euros on me as I wasn't expecting to need them. Luckily my card worked at the cashpoint and I had to get a taxi from one airport to the other, costing me 95 Euros.
Contacting Bravofly they have dismissed my complaint because the booking details do state the different airports. Which is true. However in my opinion there should have been a big flashing red warning that booking these flights would require a 95 Euro transfer. It was an easy thing to miss when you are not expecting the flights to be in different airports, I didn't think to check and I'm guessing other people would easily make the same mistake. Or, really, these sorts of flights shouldn't even be on offer. Who would knowingly book a flight that required such an expensive taxi transfer?! If I book a flight from one place to the next I expect my flights to get me there, without me having to pay to travel inbetween as well.

Comments

• Ty
      13th of Oct, 2010

• Br
      18th of Oct, 2010

Dear AimeeB83,
    We are very sorry for the troubles you experienced during your travels.
    Our main priority is to provide our customers with the best offers
    available. In order to give you the opportunity to fly at lowest price
    possible, we propose flight combinations that may not necessarily be
    the most convenient ones. We would like to add that during the
    purchase process we explicitly show all flight details, that is to say
    that at each step, we show the flight number you are booking, the flight schedule, and the airport(s) you
    will be departing from and where you will be arriving. We do our best
    to make it clear what it is you are purchasing.
    We agree that what happened to you was unfortunate, and we would like
    to thank you for your useful suggestion. This allows us to understand
    that the information we provide is complete, but that there is still
    some room for improvement on our website. We continuously work to make positive
    changes to our website so that it is more user-friendly and we will
    take your concerns into consideration because we do want to make the
    booking process easier and clearer.
    Best regards, Bravofly