Bravofly / cancelled flight and froze money in account

Ampelakia, Larissa, Greece Review updated:

My daughter booked a flight to South Africa through Bravo fly. Subsequently they have cancelled the booking but have frozen the money in her bank account and it will only be released in ten days time. Calls to them cost 6 euros per 15 minutes and they cant be reached via e-mail. Please warn other potential users

Ch
Apr 21, 2014

Comments

• Br
      26th of May, 2014

Dear Michelle,

We are sorry that we were unable to confirm your booking and you had cause to complain regarding the frozen funds.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain why there may be a transaction pending on your card - when taking payment from customers, we use a secure standard procedure called temporary credit limit where the amount the customer should pay upon booking is simply 'frozen' and not withdrawn from the customer's available funds.

It is a system aimed at protecting the customer's funds where technically no charge is made to your credit card until your booking is confirmed, therefore it doesn’t have any effect on your interest or clearing period.

The credit should be returned according to your bank's timings, but in some cases we are able to intervene and help speed up the process by contacting your bank directly. We contacted you regarding this - should you still be having such problems please reply to our email.

Many thanks, Sofia

14th of Jun, 2014

I also booked a flight for two persons yesterday through Bravofly. They first send me an email and a sms telling that they will soon confirm the reservation. But 8 minutes later i received two emails telling that the reservation was cancelled due to a system error from Bravofly and that the payment transaction was immediately cancelled. BUT they have frozen my money in bank. When i contact my bank they told me that they need a fax from Bravofly so as i can get my money. When will my money be released?? They don't have any mail address. Shall i contact the police and consumers protection service or go to court?

• Br
      15th of Jun, 2014

Dear Sandrinevn,

As mentioned in our reply to the original poster on this thread, when taking payment from customers, we use a secure standard procedure called temporary credit limit where the amount the customer should pay upon booking is simply 'frozen' and not withdrawn from the customer's available funds.

The credit should be returned according to your bank's timings, but in some cases we are able to intervene and help speed up the process by contacting your bank directly. Could you please reply to our private message with your 9-digit Bravofly ID so that we can verify all the details.

Kind regards, Sofia

16th of Jun, 2014

I have turned to my bank as ask by customer service of Bravofly to get information about the release timings the day after I made my reservation that is on the 14 June, they confirm that Bravofly have not yet send any cancellation notice to them for a refund. On the other hand, I have received mails from your colleague saying that ``We send a release order for the temporary credit limit that has been taken on your card to your bank or card provider immediately.´´ Also that ``Unfortunately it may take several days to return the 'frozen' credit and regarding how many days the process could take, this depends on the card provider or bank.´´ BUT on Sunday 15th, that is yesterday, my credit card issuer called me to find out if I have been able to contact Bravofly to request a faster refund and my bank told me that Bravofly have to assist by faxing the official documentation to them. So, this means that it is Bravofly's duty (and Bravofly have the competence) to intervene and help speed up the process by contacting my bank. So, why don't they intervene to speed up the process by contacting the clients bank directly?? This practice seems fraudulent! Don't you agree??

Thanking you for your comprehension
    Sandrinevn

17th of Jun, 2014

Still waiting!

• Ka
      2nd of Mar, 2016

As I see, a lot of people have the problem with this company, as I am. I bought flight tickets on 02.24, and still my money are taken from my bank account. I cannot make any further reservations to plan my travel, and it cause me a lot of problems. If Bravofly don't try to solve this problem as soon as possible I must appeal to higher instances.

Karolina