Bravofly / Bravonext SAbravofly "no-show" hidden rule - refused flight

N Nov 24, 2017

Dear Sirs,

I would like to lodge a complaint and a refund request.

For ease of review:

i. We booked 4 flights using BravoFly, serviced by Malaysia Airlines (Attachment 1). These flights were as follows:
1) LHR to KUL, flight MH0003
2) KUL to SDK, flight MH2710
3) SDK to KUL, flight MH2711 (24th October)
4) KUL to LHR, flight MH0002 (24th October)

ii. We were in Kuala Lumpur on 23rd October due to illness. Consequently I made phone calls to both BravoFly and Malaysia airlines more than 24 hours before flight MH2711 to let them know we would not need to board the flight from SDK to KUL (MH2711) but intend to board KUL to LHR (MH0002). We were told we were not allowed to board flight MH0002 if we did not board flight MH2711.

iii. I asked both parties why we would not be allowed to board because:
a) it does not state this on the booking confirmation or e-ticket; and
b) they are separate flights.

iv. Both BravoFly and Malaysia airlines told me to contact the other.

v. I contacted BravoFly who provided a variety of reasons why we could not board flight MH0002 if we did not board flight MH2711, stating:
a) contact Malaysia Airlines;
b) it was due to the type of ticket and that this was in the BravoFly Terms and Conditions (T&Cs);
c) review the Malaysia Airlines T&Cs (that we were told are available on the BravoFly website).

vi. I contacted Malaysia Airlines who provided a variety of reasons why we could not board flight MH0002 if we did not board flight MH2711, stating:
a) contact BravoFly;
b) it was due to the type of ticket and that this should be in BravoFly Terms and Conditions (T&Cs);
c) review the Malaysia Airlines T&Cs (that we were told are available on the Malaysia Airlines website).

vii. I spent a large amount of money on numerous international calls to be told the above. With no help, I purchased replacement tickets for almost identical times (demonstrating that we would have been in KUL airport and entirely able to board the MH0002 flight). See attachment 2.

viii. I have since reviewed:
a) the BravoFly booking confirmation (attachment 1);
b) the BravoFly T&Cs ( http://www.bravofly.co.uk/vg1/booking/conditionsFlight.action?idBooking=1039096213 including Section 6.3 on "no-shows" ); and
c) the Malaysia Airlines T&Cs ( https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/book-plan/general_conditions_of_carriage.pdf) as supplied via a link at BravoFly ( http://www.bravofly.co.uk/en/info/airlines.html

ix. In summary, none of these documents state that if I did not board flight MH2711 I could not board MH0002. In no way was I explicitly told at any point during the point of sale that I could not do so, and in no way does it say in any of the T&Cs referenced that I could not do so:
 Nowhere on the ticket does it say this;
 Nowhere in the T&C's provided of Bravo Fly does it say this; and
 Nowhere in the T&C's of Malaysia Airlines does it say this.

x. I therefore request a refund.

Refund requested
I believe that I am entitled to a refund (circa £500) for the costs of our flights amounting to either:
a) the portion of the ticket booked with you that was unused; or
b) the cost of the tickets we were forced to purchase due to being told by both Bravo Fly and Malaysia Airlines that we could not fly.

In fact, Section 6.3 of the BravoFly T&Cs states that an unused ticket entitles one to a refund. I would welcome this for both Anna Rankin and my own tickets. On this note, this guidance was not disclosed by customer service.