brave work staffing / Fake Job

1 Moses Lake, WA, United States Review updated:

I found this job posting on Craigslist, and I discovered it was a scam by searching the business name on google looking for their website, and all i got was links about it being a scam. This was the ad from craigslist:
Administrative Assistant Needed FT (moses lake)

Date: 2010-01-21, 6:50AM PST
Reply to: job-wqxv2-[protected]@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Our business seeks a well organized Administrative Asst for FT employment. For this Job, you will be responsible for updating clients, answering phones, filing, and more general office projects as necessary.Sharp communicating and client help traits are must.Please email CV and wage requirements

Location: moses lake
Compensation: Starting at 13/hr
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: [protected]

They asked for a copy of my credit report, and all my emails were the EXACT same as everyones that has posted as far as i can see.

This was the email address and the name that was being used while i was being contacted: "Abbie Jordan" <[protected]@braveworkstaffing.com>

I hope this helps stop them from scaming other people.

Comments

• Ha
      4th of Feb, 2010

I can confirm your suspicions. I was contacted by a woman named Abbie from this same company who was offering me a job with a computer and electronics store. It took about 3 e-mails to finally see that she was scamming me but I have been around these kinds of scams for too long to fall for it. Steer clear of anyone e-mailing you with this company in their signature.

• Fe
      4th of Feb, 2010

They are running the scam in Birmingham, AL too. Be alert as "Abbie Jordan" is all over Craigslist...

Hello-

I hope you are doing well this afternoon, and I would like to thank you for your application to this job opening.

I am reviewing potential applicants and scheduling interviews for later this week & early next week.

Would you care to tell me a little bit about yourself, your hobbies, educational background, and any previous related experience if applicable?

Lastly, if you had to choose 3 words which best describe yourself, what would they be?

• Ba
      4th of Feb, 2010

I live in the Birmingham, AL area and had this same "abbie jordan" contact me about a job. Her email was exactly the same as the above post. I was slightly suspicious because I replied to ask about the job and in her reply, she didn't mention the job at all, but asked me to bring a credit report...please, everyone, beware.

• Ke
      4th of Feb, 2010

I can confirm suspicians as well. I answered an add on craigslist today here in Sarasota, FL and received the same response from Abbie Jordan.

This is the ads posted:

Thursday, February 04

We are a fast growing mid-size generic pharmaceutical company with approximately 250 employees. We are a ten year old firm principally in the business of developing, manufacturing, and distributing pharmaceutical products for the United States market.

We currently seek to fill a position for a full time accounting clerk for our financial department. While meeting the qualifications is necessary, we also seek a person that is passionate about their job. Our ideal applicant is a self-driven, results-focused individual with a willingness to succeed.

RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
    * Match invoices and packing slips with purchase orders
    * File/organize/keep track of purchase orders
    * Receive and sort payroll, keep running excel spreadsheet
    * File/organize Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliations, and Deposits
    * Receive Medical Rebates, keep running excel spreadsheet
    * Keep Medicaid up to date in a timely manner
    * Use excel for small projects
    * Work on check run each week (pull invoices, mail checks)
    * File AP paid checks and keep filing cabinet up to date
    * Work closely with Accounts Coordinator for small projects, keeping track of invoices, purchase orders, checks, and other office related tasks
    * Help with DDN charges, Temp Help, Inventory, Rejected Material, CIP

SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS ETC:
    * Basic understanding of Accounts payable and Accounts Receivable
    * Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word

BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
    This position offers a competitive total compensation package, including health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), 401k with company match, training, life insurance, and paid vacation and personal time.

Please provide cover letter with indicating the position applied for. Include any verifiable references, and related experience in your resume. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No agencies, please.

Job Code # 2837

Here is her response:

**BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM**

• Le
      8th of Feb, 2010

To Whom this may concern:
    THIS IS A TERRIBLE SCAM from this gal: Abbie Jordan re: job post on craigslist.
    Claiming to be w/ Brave Work Staffing... DOES NOT EXIST !

I am from the Kansas City area and desperately seeking work. I am a small business owner myself but the Industry I am in is way down due to the economy. I was LQQKing very forward to hearing back on the job post I replied to.

It was from this gal Abbie Jordan claiming to be from: Brave Work Staffing
    The job post was offering $17 hr pay rate. That would have been nice pay. It listed the job as a P/T contract job for Custom Embroidery. I was still interested and hoped to find out more.

The thing that caught my first attention was when I went to 'reply' to her first response about the questions about personal interest and all the reply email address differed from Brave Work Staffing. It came up: abbie.[protected]@cellphonegeeks.com. I found that odd so I remove that address and put in the one for BraveWorkStaffing. It went through but I had not heard back. This morning I tried to call the 800 # for the Staffing Agency and a recording came on and said, "It was a 'ring central' and was not up and working yet"...
    That was my second clue.

I went one more step: entered the website into my computer and it had a message on the first page (blank page w/ the acception of this message).
    THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED. EITHER THE DOMAIN HAS BEEN OVERUSED OR THE RESELLER RAN OUT OF RESOURCES.

After that effort I decided to put Brave Work Staff into my search engine and that is when I came across "this warning and scam page"...

My gut feeling told me this is what was up. The job almost sounded too good to be true.
    Luckily it did not ask for any personal info such at CC# or bank info.. However I WOULD NOT have given that info for a job anyway <<< what's there purpose for that ? Besides my account was scammed before and it makes a person MUCH MORE AWARE of this kind of action and personal questions being asked.

I hope my COMPLAINT helps bring awareness to other person's of interest...
    With the way our world is becoming you just can't be too safe and always have to watch your back and be aware of incidents such as this <<<

THANK YOU for your time !
    LH

Brave work staffing
    Merced
    California
    Phone: 1-800-381-7973

I was contacted by this agency for a job inteview, but first they wanted me to get a copy of my credit report from the National Credit Report web page they provided and they wanted me to bring with me to an interview. The attached is their e/mail to me. Now they cannot be found anywhere.
    Hello LYDNROC,

It is great to hear back from you so quickly, the promptness is greatly appreciated.

Based on your responses and credentials I would like the opportunity to personally interview you later this week or early next week. I am available this upcoming week Wednesday to Friday from 9am to 4pm, and Monday to Wednesday of next week from 9am to 4pm, would any of these times work for you?

I would like you to bring a copy of your resume to the interview so that we can have a hardcopy for our files. You should also bring a recent copy of your credit report, if you do not have a report or it is older than 3 months you can request a free report from NationalCreditReport.com which takes less than 3 minutes and has no cost to you.

I look forward to hearing back from you, please confirm your desired interview time and a phone number I can reach you at.

• Gi
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Sorry to hear it Lydia...I have replied to a few of these on this site as it caught my eye and interest. I dug into this a little deeper only because I had a little time on my hands and found the following on National Credit Report's website...seems as if this is an issues for a lot of online companies but it looks like National Credit Report is taking a stand letting consumers know that this is not something they (or the industry supports).

Read this: NationalCreditReport.com Issues Consumer Advisory to Warn Consumers About Credit Report Scams Originating From Craigslist http://www.nationalcreditreport.com/index.cfm/News_PR_01282010.