Brasso Nissan / warranty issue!

Canada Review updated:
3.35
I purchased a new 2004 Nissan Maxima with the best warranty possible. I spent over $3000 for this "peace of mind". When I first started taking the car in for service, I was made to feel very stupid for taking the car to another place for an oil change and felt I had to bring it in to the dealership I purchased it from. This dealership is quite a distance from my home, so the oil changes, have on a few occasions, have gone over the recommended time. At no time did any one tell me that not changing the oil in the recommended timeframe would void my warranty on certain issues. Now there is a very loud ticking noise in the car and they tell me that it is the timing chain tensioner and it will cost $1600.00 to fix and it will not be covered by warranty because of the oil change issue. I could understand it, if it was the engine, even though no one told me how crucial the oil change issue was, but this problem is not the engine and I feel the warranty should still stand. Other issues with this dealership is that the service manager is very condescending to women.

The car itself has had several smaller issues such as pieces coming loose and falling apart. The cruise control is also not working on long trips, but it appears this issue will be ignored until the warranty runs out. Also when the car was new, I had taken it in because of another noise that friends had said is not normal for a new car, and that issue was also poo-pooed by the dealership. (Who knows, maybe it was this problem all along and is just getting worse?) Also the chrome in the front started peeling off after a long trip. I know nothing about cars and that is why I bought a brand new one with the best warranty, because I did not want to deal with problems for the full 5 years. I feel a purchased a lemon of a car and a lemon of a warranty!

I am due for a new vehicle and the trade in value is about $10,000-$12,000 and I still owe $22,0000. Go figure! I will never purchase from this dealership and quite possibly from Nissan again! If they had stood by their warranty, rather than always looking for the loop holes to get out of it, I would not have hesitated to purchase from them again.

Comments

To
  22nd of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Brasso Nissan is the best dealership that I have ever dealt with and Nissan's quality is second to none. It goes without saying that you need to take good care of your vehicle including oil changes every 5, 000km or 3 months. If you take good care of your vehicle it will take care of you.

There are 3 other dealers in Calgary that you could have your oil changed at if Brasso is too far. The advantage of going to a Nissan dealer is that they'll use the proper filter and the best oil for your car.
Jo
  1st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I think Brasso is just better at covering up their customer complaints. After Service they send a little card ahead of the nissan survey trying to persuade you not to send a poor survey to Nissan. They are no better that any other car dealer when it comes to service
Ch
  7th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought my vehicle from Brasso Nissan a few years ago now and I have had nothing but great experiences with them!
The guys in the service department treat me amazing (and I am a women) The service manager has never been condescending to me. Whenever I go in for an oil change (which I do regularily as it is necessary every 6, 000km) My salesman is still there and he always acknoledges me and and asks how I have been keeping.
It does not sound like they were looking for loop holes, its seems that you simply neglected your due diligence in keeping your vehicle well maintained!
Ja
  4th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I think there are more serious issues at Brasso Nissan with discrimination of people with Black or East Indian ethnicity. Personal experience from buying a car there compared to any other import dealer in the city.
Ja
  5th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Brasso nissian are idiots there bought my truck from them and everytime it went in it came back with more issues and they always wrecked the interior now i have several problems with my truck which is costing me cus they dun wanna deal with me no more and other dealershps wont touch the stufff they wrecked s onow its offical vadalisim and its going to further mesurements that place gone even more [censor] since kirby came there from sunridge and sunridge was [censor] when he was there
Gr
  15th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We just purchased a New Versa, which we are very happy with.
We recommended Brasso to a friend and they also bought a Versa.
The car has broken down 3 times in 2 weeks and the dealership so far has done nothing to fix the problem.
What a mistake it was using Brasso Nissan.
Of coarse she is a lady we recommended the dealership to.
Sa
  15th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have had problem with my 2011 Nissan Sentra as well. I have experienced some of the worst customer service from the managers and customer service representatives I have EVER seen. I have been in 7 times in one year with my new car. Rust issues ALREADY. They almost always return my vehicle to me dirty my complaints. These individuals do not understand the meaning of customer service and treat consumers like we don't matter. I would never recommend buying a Nissan - not worth the headache!
  12th of Jan, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Braddock Nissan was absolute garbage. I took my truck in there to check out the service engine light and it came back exhaust leak. Keep in mind I put in a new exhaust little over a year ago. So they call me and tell me my exhaust manifolds are leaking. Aww crap that's a $2500 fix. So I tell them to close my work order, drive my truck home walk behind it and the tail pipe isn't even connected anymore. So I'm straight pissed call them back they're closed, left a message. Show up at 7 the next morning to the service advisor (Chi Chan) yelling at me calling me a liar and that he did tell me my tailpipe was going to fall off. Which all they told me was my sensor was hooped and the manifolds leaked. Nothing about my tailpipe. So manager (Marty) comes says I believe my worker over you. Then he says I won't fix it unless you pay. So I said how much? they quoted me for $550 to put it back on. The manager says one second then leaves to his office. He comes back says go somewhere else we don't have the part. Now I'm just livid cause they won't fix it for my trip in two days. I call back at about 2pm and ask to speak to the gm. He says he believes his worker over me, and asks what I want I say I want him to reimburse me for having to get it fixed. Which was $270 at a muffler shop. Not once did he seem to care about my first experience there. Won't be seeing them ever again.
  12th of Jan, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Brasso Nissan was absolute garbage. I took my truck in there to check out the service engine light and it came back exhaust leak. Keep in mind I put in a new exhaust little over a year ago. So they call me and tell me my exhaust manifolds are leaking. Aww crap that's a $2500 fix. So I tell them to close my work order, drive my truck home walk behind it and the tail pipe isn't even connected anymore. So I'm straight pissed call them back they're closed, left a message. Show up at 7 the next morning to the service advisor (Chi Chan) yelling at me calling me a liar and that he did tell me my tailpipe was going to fall off. Which all they told me was my sensor was hooped and the manifolds leaked. Nothing about my tailpipe. So manager (Marty) comes says I believe my worker over you. Then he says I won't fix it unless you pay. So I said how much? they quoted me for $550 to put it back on. The manager says one second then leaves to his office. He comes back says go somewhere else we don't have the part. Now I'm just livid cause they won't fix it for my trip in two days. I call back at about 2pm and ask to speak to the gm. He says he believes his worker over me, and asks what I want I say I want him to reimburse me for having to get it fixed. Which was $270 at a muffler shop. Not once did he seem to care about my first experience there. Won't be seeing them ever again.
Sn
  25th of Jan, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My girlfriend took her car to get a sensor changed, they assured it will be no charge as it is covered by warranty. When she went to pick it up they charged her 75 dollars to use a "diagnostic" computer. She said she would never go back. Last week, I went to get my master cylinder changed as i received a letter of a recall. also within warranty. I asked if there was going to be any charges, they said no. Sure enough when i went to pick it up i got charged 75 dollars for their machine, the Service clerk Mr. Ken Morter assured me he didn't even know himself there was going to be a charge. I say, it is their job to know this and if they dont know you shouldn't be charged for something not quoted. It should be cost included not cost+. In some places they might call this a "scam". When i asked the Service Manager Mr. Marty Vernon, he refered me back to my "service specialist" ie: MR Morter (way to pass the ball around guys). Left a message and he never called back. yeah... great costumer service.. not
Po
  30th of Dec, 2013
Miserable experience buying from this dealership. The finance department is so evasive and sneaky, won't answer direct questions, I asked 4 times for the #s and they ignored the question, until they had me there to sign the papers. Then held back a 1/2 point in financing until I agreed to pay their damn 200 dollar finance office fee. This was even after I had agreed to an all in price with the salesman. If this was a new vehicle purchase, I would have walked away. On the night of the pick up, I had a booked appointment and these people were so unorganized, they kept me waiting over an hour! And then had the nerve to make excuses, and blame me for trying to get it done too fast! Excuses are for losers and that's what you get when dealing with Brasso Nissan.

Nissan Logo Nissan