Brakeo / I regret I ever went to Brake-O

I visited BrakeO on Cobb Pkwy on 9/22/05 for advice on why my brakes were squeeking. I had just had all four brake pads replaced. The BrakeO representative advised I replace my back pads with a higher grade and that would stop the sound I was hearing. My brakes are still squeeking. I paid 262.00 and some change for the work done. I was told my hardware and back pads were replaced. I have been back three times since my first visit and my issue is still not resolved. Now my steering wheel shakes and my brakes are still squeeking. My last visit they suggested I get my rotors, pads and hardware replaced, give them 363.00 and some change, and that would fix my problem. NEVER!! I asked my car be taken down and I'm going to the dealer. I regret I ever went to Brake-O

Ka

Comments

• Ju
      15th of Sep, 2008

Hello I have read your complaint, and have something to add myself. I have been taking my vehicle to Brake-O for 3 years and have had nothing but unsatisfactory brake jobs. My vehicle is always making terrible brake squeals and sometimes feels to pulsate when Im coming to stop. I have spent quite a bit of money at this place. They always tell me this or that, show me what the so called problem is...I leave the parking lot and 2 days later Im still having the same problem. Did you ever get your problem resolved.
    Thank you.

• Ju
      15th of Sep, 2008

Will never go to Brake-O again!

• Cf
      30th of Apr, 2009

I've been going to Brake-O for years and haven't had a problem. Sure they have the basic service pads and so does EVERY OTHER SHOP out there that may squeak and squal but they also offer a higher grade pad. None in which they guarantee will not squeak. I have an 02 accord and they installed 2 different sets of pads and both squeaked. But they did stop the car. My research showed me (and you if you actually searched for it) that some cars squeak even brand new ones. So I was not upset at all. They finally installed some honda dealer pads and they did the trick (they squeak from time to time but not bad at all). They did tell me that the price for the honda pad job would have costed me double what I paid which is right cause i called the dealer and they gave me about the same price but they took care of it for me this time. My advise, if your looking to save a bunch of money and have your brakes done cheap, don't complain. You do get what you pay for. If you wanted perfect dealer work, Brake-O can do it but why would they charge you any less than the dealer??? Some people want to pay for a chunk of glass and receive a diamond. Please!

11th of Nov, 2010
    BrakeO - These Complaints are from Georgia not Texas
    Brake-O
    Texas

Important to note that these complaints are all for Brake-O in Atlanta, Georgia, NOT the Brake-O in Carrollton Texas.

• Ji
      8th of Apr, 2011

This complaint is for Brake o in Georgia, NOT the Brake-O in Carrollton, Texas

15th of Dec, 2011

All of these complaints are for the brake-o in Georgia.. The Brake-O Auto repair in Carrollton, TX has great reviews on google and yelp.

15th of Dec, 2011

This place isn't Brake-O in Carrollton, TX. They do good work and the have good reviews elsewhere.