Brake Team / worse service ever

1 Tigard, OR, United States Review updated:

Brake Brother / Brake team all the same! New management what a laugh!!! Nothing has changed! still scamming customers! 89.99 for brake is just a scam to get your business!!! Your total ends up 300.00 or more and after you pay that your are worse than when you went in ! Take by advice and stay away from all brake bros and brake team! Take your car to les Schwab! They only employee legal employees with ss and not illegal aliens who dont know what they are doing! They may cost a little more but you get what you pay for! Also there warranty is gauranteed! Unlike others! Dont get fooled like I did my "New Management"! The staff is rude and walks around smoking cigaretts in front of the customers! This was the worse service I ever got!

Ro

Comments

• Ke
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Brake Team was ordered to pay a $65, 000 fine in Nevada after the Attorney generals office (and a few undercover news investigators) found Brake Team employees pulling a similar scam. Brake Team has been closed down for several months.

My experience with them is the same as many others. After they told me that I needed new drums and rotors (because they claim they were able to measure the drums down to a thousandth of an inch) they installed new rotors, brake pads... etc.

When I got the car back, one of the rear brakes made a heavy slapping/thumping noise. One of the two rear drums that they installed was the TOTALLY WRONG PART!!! I find it AMAZING that they claim my brakes were bad because the precise readings of their instruments determined they were bad... but couldn't see that an obvious noise and wrong part was installed.

When I returned to the Brake Team location, they refused to repair it. I went to a second Brake Team location that also 'put me on hold' (repairing cars for paying customers that came in after me). I finally took it to a third Brake Team location that repaired the problem. The mechanic working at that location indicated to me that he was leaving the company because of their reputation for doing similar things.