Brake Performance / Rip off company

1 8955 Oso Ave. #BChatsworth, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-772-5540

I ordered a set of Rotors with pads included for my vehicle. I received the correct rotors, and 3/4 of the correct pads. But 1/4 of them were incorrect. I had the vehicle already torn apart, and the mechanic was involved in the job. I had to purchase alternate pads that FIT my vehicle at an additional expense of $85.00, and pay extra to have the mechanic remove the incorrect pad set that he had already installed, and install this COMPLETE set. When I notified the company of this dilemma on their next business day, they said they would only pay me $10.00 back and send me another set of pads. I want my money back for the pads that I had to purchase to complete this job. These guys are crooks! Do not trust them. Do not buy from them. GO to someone like autopartswarehouse instead.

Lu

Comments

• Br
      20th of Jan, 2009

This customer ordered one set of our "Premium Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors" and received a FREE set of Brake Pads as a special promotion. He opted to upgrade his pads for an additional $10. Upon receiving his order he called us to complain that the Brake Pads we sent him were incorrect. We responded to him that we would send the correct Brake Pads at no charge as per our policy, and for his inconvenience we would refund the $10 charge.

Instead of accepting our offer he has profanely harassed our employees and threatened that if we did not pay more then we were obligated to do, he would give us negative reviews on the internet. Instead of handling this issue in a courteous manner, this customer has acted very unprofessional and childish. We have thousands of happy customers and we did everything within our policy to resolve this issue.

BrakePerformance.com

• Bu
      21st of Jan, 2009

Hopefully its just an isolated case...I got some at AA and didnt have any problems with the ordering process...

• Sh
      11th of Feb, 2009

I have resolved my issue with Brake Performance amicably. They have graciously agreed to compensate me for the difference in purchasing the new pads. I rescind my earlier review and would recommend their products proudly. Definitely a 'buy again' seller.

• Bo
      10th of Aug, 2009

I have seen this same copy and pasted Complaint on like 4 websites. Dude they tried to work with you so stop blaming them b/c you couldn't make a buck. Get a damn job and forget about it.

• Br
      11th of Apr, 2010

Brake performance is located 22.8 miles from me in Chatsworth Ca. I ordered a set of zinc coated slotted rotors from them. After 7 business days still no rotors. I called and they said "the zinc coated process takes time" 4.5 days later i finally get my rotors. I offered to go pick them up, but they assured me that "shipping is free and i would not gain anything by doing that" To me, that means they never had the rotors to begin with.
    If you are in a hurry for parts...avoid this company!