Brake O / over charge

1 Lawrenceville, GA, United States Review updated:

I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BRAKES, I WENT IN TO BRAKE O TO HAVE THEM LOOKED AT. THEY CHARGED ME $25.00 FOR AN INSPECTION. THEY SAID I NEEDED A POWER BOOSTER. THERE ESTIMATE TO REPLACE BOOSTER WAS $529.00. I BOUGHT THE PARTS FOR $65.00, AND HAD A FRIEND DO IT FOR FREE. IT TOOK HIM ALL OF 45 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. MY BRAKES ARE NOW FINE. THEY WORK BEAUTIFULLY. BRAKE O SHOULD BE RUN OUT OF BUSINESS.

Comments

• Ju
      15th of Sep, 2008

I agree, and regret going there the times that I have. Tried to see if they have a corporate office but I can find nothing online.

• Ju
      15th of Sep, 2008

Will never go to Brake-O again, I have learned my lesson. All I can do is take my vehicle someplace else and chalk up the rest to a bad experience...never again!

• Mo
      14th of Apr, 2009

There service was horrible. They claim to have fixed replaced my brakes with the most expensive pads, and it started to squeak immediately after leaving. Then when I went back they said it was my rotors. When i got my rotors fixed it was still squeaking and when I went back he said I would have to pay for new pads. I should still have warranty it has been 3 months. They did not want to admit that there pads were defective so they tried to blame it on the people whom replaced my rotors. However, they knew of the problem before the rotors were touched. I do not recommend them for car repairs. They are the worst people you could do business with!!!

• Bo
      11th of Nov, 2010
    brake o - These Complaints are from Georgia not Texas
    Brake-O
    Carrollton
    Texas

Important to note that these complaints are all for Brake-O in Atlanta, Georgia, NOT the Brake-O in Carrollton Texas.

• Bo
      15th of Dec, 2011

This complaint is for Brake o in Georgia, NOT the Brake-O in Carrollton, Texas...

15th of Dec, 2011

kind of expensive, but tell me this: will your friend replace that part for free if it fails anytime soon? why didn't you just have him fix your brakes in the first place instead of wasting money on a diagnostic at the brake shop? I bet they get that part a whole lot cheaper than $65 because they buy in bulk, but then you aren't buying parts, you're buying service. I only go to dealers for service, though. You are better off leaving your vehicle's maintenance to properly trained professionals with specific knowledge of your vehicle's year, make and model.

27th of Dec, 2011

Don't buy in bulk? Who are you kidding?

28th of Dec, 2011

no sh|t sherlock, but most brake components are made to fit several different makes and models. is this really the weight of your argument?