Braegar Chevrolet Dealership / Offers poor customer service

On the evening of July 5th, 2006 my fiancee and I went into Braeger Chevrolet on S. 27th Street to take advantage of their zero down, zero percent for 72 months end of the year clearance special. That evening we were approved for the zero percent loan and told to come back the next day to pick up our car since it was past closing and the car was not ready to be taken off the lot. Mitch Rea our sales associate told us to bring in our proof of income and proof of full coverage insurance on the 6th in order to pick up the car.
So the next morning I purchased insurance for the car. That same afternoon Mitch calls me to tell me the loan decision was reversed based on my outstanding student loans, and that we would need to get a co-signer, but not to worry because we would certainly get financing with a co-signer and we would still get zero percent because the application was started during the special.

Frankly, we could have provided a co-signer the night of the 5th, but they told us we didn't need one and were approved so one would hope that the least they would do would be to offer the zero percent still. Taking their word for it, we immediately provided them with our financing information and our co-signers.

Now six days later (Monday, July 10, 2006), they finally approve us for the loan. Apparently, the VP of GMAC was out of town Friday-Sunday and couldn't get to it any earlier, but we patiently waited understanding that these things can take time.

When Mitch called me today to let me know the loan was approved and that we should come in to pick up the car he gave us no indication about the news we were about to recieve.

We got all the way to the dealer only to find out they took to long organizing the loan information in order to extend us the zero percent down! The best part was Mitch didn't even deliver the information to us himself. He had the a girl named Jennifer from the Braegar financing staff do it for him. When I told her that we were promised the zero percent down, she treated us like we were the ones who took too long to get the loan processing done. Then she had a main sales associate come and speak with us. He wasn't anymore helpful. Mitch never did come to see how we were doing and he was the one with all the promises and the one who was supposedly taking care of us.

A  10th of Jan, 2007 by

It doesn't take the VP of GMAC to approve your loan. Your loan information goes into a computer and it spits out approvals or disapprovals. They figure they could make more money off a young guy like you but telling you BS. I alway say, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

The Jennifer chick must be the biggest b1tch there is. She acts all nice up until you start having to question the integrity of the dealership.

Braeger doesn't care about you, all they want is your money and to get you out the door as fast as possible.
A  27th of Nov, 2011 by
I shopped their sister store, Braeger Ford, across the street. Similar story. The salesman and I agree on a price (their internet advertised price), but when it came time to close, the head bloodsucker came over and told me that the special included a $1000 trade-in rebate that Ford would have kicked in. As I was not trading, it didn't apply. "Not in the ad", I said and showed him. Lying ###. It was just the typical auto-shop scam. Told him to jam it and headed for the door. He relented.