Brachs / maple nut goodies - product recipe change

1 Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

I am another unhappy customer relative to Brachs Maple Nut Goodies. Like many others I have been hooked on Maple Nut Goodies for many years. I have always purchased by the bag at Cracker Barrel and more recently in bulk (5lb to 7lb bag) via Amazon. I only buy the products that state they are brachs and when I get them the bag always has a Brachs description and nutrition stickers on them. I bought a 2 lb. bag in November 2016. They were the product I had been buying for years and were excellent. I purchased the next bag in April 2017 and they had changed completely. Different color, smaller in size, different tase and hard texture as opposed to the softer and chewy texture. I then bought another batch from a different seller and they were bad as well ! Please tell me this was only a temporary product test that has gone bad and the "real" Maple Nut Goodies are back!!! Seriously, I cannot buy any more Maple Nut Goodies if you do not go back to the originals !

Si
Apr 28, 2017
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mo
      16th of Nov, 2018

Did you guys not take a lesson from Coca Cola? why in the world would you change an icon like Maple Nut Goodies?
    you can't let bean counters run everything. I am sadly disappointed, been eating these for over 50 years, the first ones from the candy counter at Sears with my Dad. These were always the treat I looked forward to. My Dad has been gone many years, thankfully he has not had to endure this atrocity. I will not subject my grandson to this aberration . It will be Good & Plenty candy he will remember me for, not this inedible clump of rocks. Sad.

• Wa
      3rd of Nov, 2018

Trump can lie and get away with it, your lie about rushing to correct the texture of the Maple Nut Goodies after two years is apparent with every goody I suffer thru. It’s Nov 2018 and I have waited months to purchase my current sack. The taste is memorable but the overall experience sucks. Cut the bull and fulfill your promise. I am 95 and not sure how much longer I can wait. Warren Fisher. I

• Db
      14th of Oct, 2018

I agree, whatever this [censored] they radomly started coming out with is total crap. I highly incurage people to not by this product. Hard as [censored] and nothing compared to the original recipe.

• Ro
      24th of Aug, 2018

Please go back to the chewy center.

• Mi
      13th of Aug, 2018

I have been buying Maple Nut Goodies seems like forever and I have noticed that the last few times I bought them that the outer layer was creamy and they all like stuck together. It wasn't the hard shell and soft yet crunchy center I was use to. Though maybe it was a fluke. However, I bought the 20 oz bag from Cracker Barrel yesterday and they were horrible. They were all stuck together and almost melted to each other on the outer layer and hard as brick in the middle. That was a waste of money I regret. They definitely have HAD to change the recipe or something.
    Wishing the original ones back PLEASE. I did check the date on them and they are NOT expired until 2019 so I know it wasn't that.

• Kr
      11th of Aug, 2018

i cant eat them while they are hard like this. why couldnt you have just let the original recipe alone?

• Li
      10th of Aug, 2018

I too am very disappointed in the Brach*s Maple Nut Goodies. Why the change?? They used to be my favorite but not any longer. It has been over a year since I had bought any and thought I would give it another try but NOPE still the same HARDER than HARD that one can't even chew them. Feel like you might break your teeth trying to eat one. The taste just isn't there like it used to be. They used to taste like more but NO longer with this different recipe. UGH or is YUCK!! Really sad and disappointed again. No more of my business will they get of mine.

• Sh
      24th of Jul, 2018

The change to the maple nut goodies was a horrible decision, who ever did this needs to be fired. You changed from the hard outside coating and chewy inside to a waxy outside maple coating and hard candy inside and it is just horrible. My daughter bought me a large bag for Christmas and I was excited until I ate one, I had to throw the whole bag away, like everyone else I thought they were stale and hard. Now I bought another bag thinking they would be better and that soft outside is just aweful. Way to go Brachs, taking something good and making it inedible. I don’t know of any company that doesn’t like to make money, but you are going to make this easy at not getting any of mine!!! Seriously disappointed previous customer!!!

• Re
      7th of Jul, 2018

I have always eaten the Brach's Maple Nut Goodies, as did my Dad before me. It was always a tradition and our favorite candy. I bought a bag and thought they were out of date, but I checked and the date was good. I continued to buy some here and there, and still they were what I thought as stale. This weekend I decided to try it again. I thought maybe I had still been receiving bad batches. They were still hard and awful. I'm afraid I'll break my teeth out. Can someone please tell me what happened. I will not be buying any more Brach's Maple Nut Goodies. That is so sad. They were the best!

• Me
      25th of Jun, 2018

My favorite candy has been demented with hard toffee instead of heavenly soft chewy and gooie toffee. Please bring back the old receipe. Asap!

• Re
      18th of May, 2018

I threw away the bag of Maple Nut Goodies, nasty taste and different texture. I do not care for the crunchy I liked the chewy. I have eaten these all my life and am very disappointed in this change I will not be buying again unless they change it back.

• Ki
      10th of May, 2018

Maple Nut Goodies were my Mom's favorite candy and since I loved them also, she would put a small bag in my Christmas stocking. I buy them occasionally as a treat. I am glad she is not here to see how you have ruined the perfect candy. My #1 complaint is that they are so hard, they are inedible! They are no longer chewy and the outside coating has a powdery texture that is unpleasant. Did you guys even taste them after the change? I won't be buying anymore until I see something on the bag indicating you have returned to the original recipe.

• Sh
      26th of Mar, 2018

Please go back to the chewy, delicious, roasted peanuts, maple syrup BRACHS CANDY that we all are use to, please. This Maple Nut Goodies are Maple NOT Good at all!!!

22nd of Mar, 2018

Maple Nut Goodies Hard as ROCKS - I have purchased two Different bags of Brach's Maple Nut Goodies from two different stores in the past month and both bags were hard as rocks and inedible. I had to throw them away to avoid breaking my teeth. Brach's is risking dental claims from customers and loss of business. Do they even test their own candy anymore?

• St
      22nd of Mar, 2018

I've been checked online for the past year to see if there was any chance that they were able to update and correct the manufacturing recipe for these absolutely favorite candies, Maple Nut Goodies. I cannot imagine how anyone in their right minds would mess up such a wonderful recipe that was incredibly popular! They were addictive and now they are hard, too sweet, horrible candies that I won't even bother to purchase. I threw multiple bags away once I understood they had changed the recipe vs. getting just old candy. It makes no logical business sense to screw up the original recipe!!

• To
      20th of Mar, 2018

I have been a Maple Nut Goodie fan for over 40 years and last week I purchased a bag at Menards, expiration date wasn’t until July and this candy was so hard you can’t chew it unless it’s been in your mouth for a while. I’m in agreement with others complaints, this is awful, please change back to original recipe

• Ka
      24th of Feb, 2018

Horrible change! I saw and tasted the change within a week of it happening because I was on physically therapy at the time and had a new bag every week as a comfort food. I occasionally buy them now in hopes that they've changed them back, but no change yet. They are as hard as a rock and the coating is waxy. I soooooooooo want the old recipe back! My mom and I both loved these. I can't believe they changed these and are still marketing them as the real deal! There has to be a law against this? False advertising? Something? Ugh.

• Ar
      24th of Feb, 2018

I am 38 years old and Maple Nut Goodies have been my favorite candy my whole life. I too like many others thought I had gotten a bad bag so I threw it away and waited until I knew a new shipment came in...I asked the manager...and still no good. These we're my go to as I don't care for chocolate and they are hard and tasteless. And this new soft coating replacing the maple candy coating is disgusting!!! I will never waste my money on this new recipe again. GO BACK TO THE OLD RECIPE!!! If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

• La
      28th of Jan, 2018

Like many people here, I grew up on Maple Nut Goodies. Going to Sears with parents and getting them from the candy counter was something I looked forward to. I've enjoyed this candy for decades and now they've decided to change them. Last August I bought a bag and they were so hard I literally could not bite into them. I wrote the company and got the same form letter I read earlier in these comments about how they had a problem in manufacturing, blah blah blah. Well today I thought I would give them another try. While this batch was at least edible, they are no where near the way they used to be. Really sad. One of my favorite candy's is now gone. I wrote them again, but this letter was to tell them that I'm never buying them again because frankly, they taste terrible.

• Ro
      28th of Jan, 2018

I hate the new maple nut goodies. I used to buy them all the time. I just bought some the last two months and both bags were so hard and didn't taste the same. They suck! Nobody in the house could eat them. I won't buy them anymore until you go back to the original recipe.