Brach's / maple nut goodies

1 Central City , Iowa, United States Review updated:

Purchased 04-21-2018 a bag of Maple nut goodies at Dollar General in Central City, Iowa and they were hard as a rock. Not what I was used to and wondered if you changed the product or I got a bad bag. Would love a free replacement of the soft type of candies that I was used to. The candies were hard enough to break a tooth and did not have the delicious flavor that I had experienced in the past the past with the Brach's candies. The sell by date was 07-03-2018 so that was not the problem. What is up with this product? Should I just not buy them again? If this is the new standard I will definitely not buy this product.

Ha
Apr 21, 2018

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2018

LMAO. You want free candy?! Gtfoh.

• Ba
      26th of May, 2018

@Magicbean Hey Magicbean what are you on this sight for? Trying to get free candy? You need to MYOB do you think this many people are trying to get free candy? Nooo we are just trying to find out what has happened to the candy that we like and Brachs knows what it is and it's obviously a popular candy so they need to fix it. I may be wrong but i'm sure they just want to be comped for the candy that was bad

• Su
      22nd of Apr, 2018

Everyone is complaining these aren't what they use to be.. I stopped buying them.

• Al
      1st of May, 2018

We purchased sunday and it was AWFUL !!! 2 bags and it is rock hard. Mom called the company they said they changed ingredients (duh) apparently so. This is pathetic !!! LEAVE IT ALONE WHEN NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT 😞😠😡

• Ba
      26th of May, 2018

I think the ingredient they changed is the nuts they used to have hazelnuts in them a moister nut peanuts are dry so the candy is obviously harder because of that. I haven't been able to eat these for a while I was having dental work done and it took quite a while and I was waiting for the day when I could eat them again. So a couple of weeks ago I bought a bag didn't pay any attention to the peanut change I tried to eat one and thought I was going to need more dental work. I threw them away thought it was just a bad bag that happens bt I bought another bag today and my husband said these are just like those others and that's when I got to looking at the bag and saw the nuts are now peanuts that probably explains the difference in the taste too. You 've got to fix this or you may never sell aymore they are really nasty tasting and very hard.