B&Q / delays in delivery

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Mid-August, I wanted to build a simple carport and went to the neaest biggish B&Q. Amazingly they did have all the bits and pieces in stock, but promised me delivery within 3 or 4 days. Well, it took close to a month. <br />
I phoned in repeatedly and was given the runabout each time.Eventually, they got their act together and delivered; but they could not even tell me more or less what time to expect the stuff. Wasted 3 weeks of perfect weather+1 Saturday waiting for the delivery man!<br />
A letter of complaint to B&Q head office in Renfrewshire went answered - not even the courtesy of an acknowledgment.<br />
I need not add what I think ofB&Q.

He

Comments

29th of Sep, 2009

I am an employee of B&Q and would like to offer some assistance on the problem. Orders handled by the store's Customer Ordering system take around an average time of two weeks to be delivered, so whoever said 3 to 4 days was grossly misinformed. As for a scheduled delivery time, there is nobody in the store that can give that to you. The deliveries are usually handled by the Warehouse Manager, who liaises with the delivery drivers and, as such, those are subject to change so as a rule we do not communicate them to customers. The store should have, however, phoned you to arrange a delivery date to suit yourself. When you say you were "given the runabout", what exactly were they told? I myself have been on the receiving end of customers who would like to query deliveries and all I can do within my remit is go into the customer's delivery file and see whether we have the item in stock to be delivered or not. My advice to you would be to write directly to the store manager as you have more chance of getting a response from them rather than head office. You could even go into the store and request to speak to them directly, which would guarantee that some solution could be reached.

hope this helps

Miss L James

• Ju
      10th of Jul, 2015

Ordered sliding doors from Band Q, was phoned and told delivery Thursday between 2-4pm waited until 6 .15pm when I got a text to say the truck had broken down. Got another phone call on Friday to say that although they didn't deliver in my area until Thursday's as a favour to me they would deliver Monday between 10-2pm
    Problem - no apology / had waited in for 4hours / had arranged to have doors fitted on the Saturday / was told no trucks in my area until Thursday then passed a B and Q home delivery truck on the Bypass heading into Brighton at 2 pm on the Friday! / busted! /poor customer service, poor phone manner and no empathy with customers situation. Glad I hadn't taken time off work not that they would care..