BP Gas Station / Bad Gas

1 28733 HarperSaint Clair Shores, MI, United States Review updated:

I went to this gas station on Monday June 2, 2008 to fill up my brand new Yukon XL Denili 2008. I paid about $130.00 and left. The next day my engine light came on so I took it to the dealership to see what was wrong with it and they told me that I put bad gas in the car. The gas I put in was mixed with water and they needed to drain it. They told me that they had to get all the gas out of the engine, and out all the places the gas runs to in my brand new SUV. They don't cover bad gas and now I have t0 come up with $600.00 after I just purchased a $70, 000.00 automobil. I am very mad about this and I will never never purchase gas from another BP as long as I live. So anyone whom uses these gas station better watch out or you will get screwed. The whole thing that gets me is that I thought BP was the best gas around but, I was wrong.

Comments

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2009

I went to bp on August 28.2009 to buy gas. I filled my take up and park my car in my garage and went on vacation after a week. I took my car out to go to the store and it started smoking and the Engine light comes on, and I drove my car from my house to the dealer that was only 15 miles on a full tank when I reached my dealership my car read empty. It cost me 800.00 dollars for my maixma to be drain as well the other person that worte in. I'm still trying to see the manager at the gas station with the receipt and paper work from the dealership. I spoke with him over the phone and he said that he would call me back and never did. So I been going by their every day. with no luck. Please I'm asking everyone to please be careful. This was the only type of gas that I ever used in my cars. Never again. Who can I contact about this?

Paula Hollis

• Ka
      19th of Dec, 2009

I recently had problems with my truck. in the last 5 weeks Sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't. I can't count how many times my truck was in the garage, every other day. plus 2 other mechanics looked at it, in total, in the last 5 weeks it cost me $2800.00. Nobody can figure out whats wrong. too many expensive parts to list. I can say the fuel pump was replaced twice. So I paid for that twice. (different mechanics of course) I have had this truck for 9 years. I have been wacking my brains out. What is the problem. Finally a week ago I realized that I switched gas stations. My Getty went out of business and BP bought it. Well I started going there about 5 and a half weeks ago. THAT'S WHEN I STARTED HAVEING PROBLEMS I changed stations just to see. AND GUESS WHAT? It has starts every time. All the parts I had replaced, I didn't need any of them. Now it's only been 6 days. But so far, For me, it looks like it was the gas I had been putting in it. Nobody believes me yet. so we will see what happens in the next few weeks. If it was really the gas.
    well what am I to do?

17th of Aug, 2010

I stopped at Hanover, IL at a BP station on Saturday August 15, 2010. I was riding my 2005 Ultra Classic and with friends riding also a 2005 Ultra Classic and a Gold Wing. We all were in need of gas the Ultras filled with 93 octane and the Honda used the middle grade. Even before we got out of the parking lot both Classic stalled as did the Honda. I immediately went in to tell the attendant that they were selling bad gas and that I insisted to talk with the owner/manager. The attendant called the owner whom was very rude and insisted that the gas was not bad. After siphoning the gas out of the Classic tanks and putting in gas from Mobile we were able to get our bikes running. The Honda took a bit more to get running. Total time lost was 5 hours. Part of the reason for the long wait was due to the effort to find the hoses containers and good people to help with going to a nearby town to get good gas. I am grateful for the good local people that helped with the draining of the gas. I told the owner that she should mark her pumps but she was again rude. As several other bikers arrived to get gas I went to warn them. She suggested that I stop telling her customers or she would have me removed from the property. Later as we retuned from Galena there were other bikers there stuck as we with tanks of bad gas and bikes that would not run. Having been through it all I was able to advise and get them going quickly. I was reimbursed for the gas but not for our lost time. The time lost cost us a nights stay in a local motel $210.00 and 5 hours of riding that we planned for in the Galena, Savanna IL area. Shame on you BP, BP wholesaler and BP station. My further advise, don’t stop at the BP station in Hanover.

18th of Aug, 2010

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Bikes ran good going into fill with gas. Bikes stopped working after filling with gas from this station. Removed gas and replaced with gas from a Mobile station. Bikes ran good again.
    I only conclude that the gas purchase at this station was bad. The owner was very rude. I suggest that no one purchase gas at this station.

19th of Aug, 2010

I am now thinking that maybe the premium was actually E-85

30th of Aug, 2010

I live in Warren Ohio and my husband has been haveing pretty much the same issue. He filled his gas tank up on a Friday and pretty soon after that his car started to act up. We thought it had nothing to do with the gas or BP. However we thought we fixed the problem and he went to get his car from a friends house since it stalled on him close to his house. He brought the car home Sunday during the day, and that night he had to go somewhere and on his way home the car did it again. He was able to coast into our drive way. I am wanting to report this to someone higher up however the BP that we normally go to did not give him proof that he bought gas from them the day he did. How do I go about doing that? Now I have to find the part that he might need in order for the car to hopefully run until payday. So I am advising people who might read this who live where I do not to use the BP station on East Market in Warren Ohio.

• La
      7th of Jan, 2011

I experienced the same thing. I have a Mitsubishi Lancer Gts 09 with only about 6k miles on it. Went to put $10 worth of gas at a BP station in or near Sycamore, IL. on December 21st 2010. Shortly there after, my car started losing power and idoling low. Thought it was weird. Tried driving back home from Sycamore to Crystal Lake, which is about a 45minute drive. The car had the same problem the whole way home, which made for a stressful drive. I got home safely, let the car sit for a few days, and when I tried to start it up again it would die on me. If I let off the gas the rpm would drop and the car die out. So I had to call the dealership and have the car towed over to them. They found out it was poor gas and in order to empty the gas and fill it with good gas it would cost me $350. I was very upset. Unfortunatly, the attendant at the gas station I had went to never gave me a receipt. I hardly ever go to BP, but never again. Shell is the better place to go. Up until this happened, my thought was both places had good quality gas; that just isn't the case anymore. Again, Shell is better and that's why I typically go there. Whenever paying in cash, MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT. Hopefully I can get reimbursed for the tow and repair, but might not be likely. Hard lesson to learn. As a major gas company, one would think quality would be on their mind and taking care of the customer. Just have to wait and see what happens.

• Da
      28th of Mar, 2011

yes this is for the bp station in albion, michigan we are tierd of being short changed it happens all the time and you tell them of the mistake they rude and tells you to leave, isnt that stealing yes or no unhappy camper big-D

• Wh
      27th of Dec, 2012

i will never stop at a bp station again i got bad fuel from bp in aug 2012 i sent in all my paperwork back in time they said i will not get my 1100.00 for getting my 2005 grand am fixed. i will rather run out of gas before i will stop at a bp or there suppliers