Bp Chase Visa / Turned down for credit card

Recently turned down for BP Chase Visa. My credit rating is something over 800. Their reason was the expense of maintaining the account would exceed the revenue in return.

Comments

• Ab
      30th of May, 2009

I also was turned down by Chase for the same card and reason.

I called up the the CS rep and she told me the same reason and said it was final. I would not get the BP card either for that reason.

I believe one reason is because i pay off all my purchases in full and dont carry a balance, they will not make a dime from me.

James (ab1ee@hotmail.com)

• Bl
      30th of May, 2009

Yes, you are right. They are only interested in offering credit if you have a history of carrying a balance and paying interest. It costs them money to maintain accounts that never generate any profit. Well, that is the reasoning.

However the real reason is much more insipid. You can still get a credit card, but only the ones you can get are those that have an 'annual fee'.

29th of Jun, 2009

Also got turned down by the good folks at Chase for the same reason. High FICA be damned! I called CHASE for an explanation of what "anticipated account related expenses likely to exceed revenue" meant and how that decision came to be made in my speicific case. While the nice lady on the other end of the phone would (could) not elaborate, we had a delightful dance around the real issue being the fact that I never carry balances and hence, pay no finance charges which disqualified me for getting a BP Chase VISA issued. It reveals how CHASE is handling recent and anticipated legislation effecting credit cards.

2nd of Nov, 2009

I was also turned down, so I picked up more than 300 credit applications from the BP pumps. I plan to mail one of the self addressed self stamped applications every day with a printed slip inside to reconsider giving me a card.

I figure the cost to Chase for mail, a Chase employees time, and one less customer sending in a application will cost Chase big $$$ in the long run.

Lets see if they Reconsider?

Anyone going to join my effort?

If a few hundred of us grab the applications from the pumps and send them a note inside without filling in the application maybe they will change the policy!!!