BP Canada Shingles / Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
My home is only 9 years old and I have a lot of curling, rotting, and blistering going on. It's a BP Citadel 20 yr shingle. Four roofing companies who looked at my roof call it "pre mature shingle deteriation." First warranty claim was denied of course, now under 2nd claim review after I paid an inspector to write a letter to BP. They will probably deny again. I don't know how pre-mature shingle deteriation is not a manufacturer's defect. Ridiculous! I am seeking help from all parties who are interested in filing a class-action lawsuit. If interested in helping please send me a message via this forum. Thanks!
This is what seems to be a generic claim denial letter that BP sends:
In response to your concerns about the shingles on your roof, located at the above mentioned
address, a thorough assessment of the information in your file was completed. The evaluation of
your shingles confirms they do not exhibit any problems that would be caused by manufacturing
Roof systems are complex and entail more than quality manufactured shingles. BP Canada stands
behind its products and has the best warranty in the industry, however as no manufacturing
deficiencies were identified; we regret our inability to act further in this matter.
Should you need to have more information about your roof problem, you may choose to hire a
qualified/certified building inspector to identify the cause of your issues.
Very truly yours,
Building Products of Canada Corp.
More BP Canada Shingles Complaints & Reviews
- BP Mystique Shingles - Will not stay on 
- BP - Defective Shingles 
- BP Mosaic Shingles - Shingle problems 
- BP Gas Station - Bad customer service 
- BP - Gas pumps are calibrated incorrectly and attendant is abusive 
- British Petroleum - overcharge at fuel station
- BP Gas Station - customer reward card
- British Petroleum - unethical behaviour
- BP - bp / unleaded petrol coming through diesel pump
- British Petroleum - I requested a second credit card in my name and was denied without cause