Boyd Autobody / Poor service
I have been receiving some appalling service from Boyd Autobody (1808 - 16th Avenue NE Calgary). Below is the sequence of events to help understand my situation:
1. I brought in my vehicle on 13th September for repair to hail damage and I was told that the work would be complete by middle of October.
2. I called Boyd Autobody around 1st week of October and was told that the work is yet to be completed. I was promised that they would call me back and let me know about the status of the vehicle and the estimated date of delivery. However, no such calls came.
3. Repeated calls to Boyd Autobody always had the same response – “We are working on your vehicle, we will call you back with detailed updates”. I never received any such call back.
4. Finally around end of October, I managed to talk to Pat (the operations manager or somebody like that). He said that they are waiting for the roof and once they receive the roof they will have everything ready. The previous shipments of roofs had been damaged.
5. A week later I was told that the roof has been installed and once they paint my vehicle, it should be ready by around November 10th.
6. I call again just before November 10th and was told that they just need to do the final touches before delivery. A delivery date of November 22nd was promised.
7. Interestingly, when my insurance calls them 10 minutes later, the delivery date has already slipped to November-24th.
8. I call them on November 23rd, I was told that they are waiting for “parts” in order to complete the work. Another delivery date was set at November, 26th.
9. I called them today and first I was told that they are still waiting for the “parts”, but nobody seem to know what parts they are. Finally I was told that they are waiting for a few clips. Once these clips are obtained, my vehicle “will be ready in no time.” However, nobody could give me an extended time for delivery.
As you realize that it has been almost 2.5 months that my vehicle is with Boyd Autobody. Not only has the service been totally unacceptable, whenever I talk to the customer reps I get that feeling that they are not being honest with me. Obviously, my hands are tied: I cannot take out my vehicle from the shop. The insurance company will pay them from my money. So nobody other than me loses out.