Box Set 4 less / Subpar product

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I ordered Bones Season 1-4 from this company and was very excited to get my product. I began to worry when I tracked the product to find that it was coming from China. Upon receipt of the product the first thing that I noticed is that the box was not well put together and obviously not from the maker. The box showed and gave season 2 info only. When I opened it the discs were in cheap sleeves in no particular order. When I started to watch the first one the dvd was an obvious bad copy. The first thing I noticed was a title menu that was not like any of the others associated with this brand. Next were the noticible station ID in the lower corner. It wasnt even the same station for each episode. The dvd skipped and paused and the quality was just plain horrible. Also at the end of an episode there were commercials. I immediately sent customer service an email because there is no other way to contact them. I was told to check EVERY disc before asking to return the product. I dont have time to watch every episode on every disc and why would I with these glaring abnormalities. Upon sending a second email I was told no refund until I return the product...to China and they would not pay shipping. They must think I am nuts. I am waiting on a reply because I again sent them another email stating they will get their product when I get a refund and they provide me with contact number or address in the USA. This website is a scam and I will warn everyone that unless you want a horrible product or to support piracy do not buy from them.

Comments

• Na
      26th of Feb, 2010

Stephanie, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday! I ordered Samllville as a present for my boyfriend and found that it was copied. It will not even play in our DVD player, but will play on the computer! They are a scam and I am going to find a way to report them, I lost $90.00, and waited over a month to get my product from China.

• Za
      10th of Sep, 2010

I am wondering if either of you received a result on your complaint/refund. I have just received some dvds to find they are inferior copies taped from the tv. I have emailed them saying I want to return them and get a refund but judging by this company I will return them and not get a refund. It is also illegal to own fake dvds so I don't want them in my house.

14th of Feb, 2011

I ordered the complete box set of Veronica Mars from "Box Sets 4 Less" although i live in the UK and it was an American site, it was just so much cheaper than in the UK. I was a bit reluctant but it came after just one week. This was well over a year ago and the box set is brilliant, i have watched them numerous amounts of times. It was a different box than i had seen before and they all came in sleeves which i was worried about, but they are fine, they were brilliant quality and not copied. I was so please with them and went back to buy some more box sets until i found out it had closed down :(
    What happened to it?