Bowers and Kelly Products, Inc. / Tricky phone Tactics

1 PO box 28138Santa Ana, CA, United States Review updated:

They tricked me into buying a product that I am no need of. I had no idea I was agreeing to buying a product over the phone. I thought they were just telling me about a new product and the next thing I know is there is a box of 10, 000 little bags. What am I going to do with 10, 000 small bags. We don't use any type of bags at my company. I have no need of them so why would I order them knowingly. They said they have me tape recorded ordering the product but when I asked to hear the tape recording they couldn't provide it. I didn't order this product, but they pretended like I did inorder to make more money. I feel this was a scam! BUYERS BEWARE! this was the worest expierence of my life.

Complaint Summary

There selling prctices should be illegal! They trick people into buying products and then don't allow them to return it.

Resolution Sought

Stop their selling practices and treat customers with respect! They treated me like a little kid when I called customer service and then, THEY HUNG UP ON ME! what kind of customer service business hangs up on their customers? They do not belong in business. Buyers BEWARE! I don't want the product! Take it back!

This company needs to be investigated!

Comments

• St
      1st of May, 2009

If you didn't order the item or give them a PO, keep the items! Let them send a UPS return for the bags if they want them back.
    On the other hand, my company has been using them for years, with NO problems.
    Give them a try again & ask for BRAD
    He has been a big help over the years & saved us a lot of money.
    Steve - Fresno, Ca.

• To
      28th of May, 2009

No, I dont think that is what happen..I did the same promotion, you have to order the packing list enclosed to get the sports cooler they send out. I bought those many years ago from them and we have been doing business ever since. You must have misunderstood the sales promotion. They have been a blessing to me and my company!!

Todd
    Huntington Beach

• Ji
      28th of May, 2009

We thought our company was in a similar situation as the first complaint on here. After numerous attempts to reach this company we were allowed to hear a recording of our shipping manager agreeing to their "sales pitch". We were not happy about it. In the end it was decided that it was our fault and while they did have a persuasive salesman soliciting our company, there was nothing shady about it. Not a scam but, their sales people are very persuasive!!!

• Ly
      13th of Aug, 2009

Our company had the same unfortunate experience. We were allowed to listen a small portion of the message, not the whole conversation. Which sounded like a confirmation of a price quote with a po reference for the "Samples". They claim to have "helped us out" by suggesting half the amount of our usage.

What kind of salesman would DOWN sell a customer! Isn't it his job to sell more!

They also refused us when we requested a return after discovering they didn't send a sample but an entire order!

• Cr
      19th of Aug, 2009

Those little ### at Bowers & Kelly...that is Miles McCoy, Brad and the school-yard bully Mike need to be stopped. and they will be stopped. We plan to report them to anyone & everyone who will listen. They are a criminal operation and they will be exposed. They are a public nuisance and we all need to kick these carpet-baggers out of the State of CA. I know the State does not want these leeches leeching off good businesses trying to do well. The more people speak out about these creeps the better it is for such entities like the attorneys at Consumer Affairs, the D.A. the City of Santa Ana etc. to put a stop to their vile and disgusting scams. Here's their usual practice at victimizing unknowing small businesses:
    1- they get the home address of the contact person and repeat it over & over and fast-talk the shipping or admin. employee how they will send "samples" to their "home". If it's a female this can be quite disconcerting. They use scare-tactics to intimidate a female - that's just creepy!
    2-Even though we were smart enough to 'refuse delivery' on there package they process fake invoice anyway. Here's their trick everybody- THEY NEVER SEND THE INVOICE-they give it aprx 90 days and it goes right to collection. Their banking on the amount being low enough (in our case $300) that acctg. will just pay it to avoid credit issues. THAT'S CALLED CREDIT FRAUD!
    3-If you are brave enough, which we were, to finally get a hold of some creep over there...you get their "mean cop" Mike calling you back. He proceeds to bully and use hostile vile language to intimidate and scare the victim into paying. We have found out it is his usual custom to play the tape of the ### salesman speaking to the business contact. WHICH IS HILARIOUS & JUST COMEDY. The tape only incriminates him more.
    Once we offered our attorney's phone number a credit was faxed 2 seconds later. We are in contact with the legal dept. at the collection agency they use and they expressed their own disgust and are in the proces of dumping them. That's the only the beginning...we're callin everyone.
    ###!

• Fr
      29th of Sep, 2009

I am not surprised to find other complaints on here about these Mother F---r's!!! These sales guys are unbelievably smooth and their prices too high. We had to pay our attorney a big fee to check into this whole thing. We even dug up our own recordings of their cold call as well as our attempt to return the product. Turns out these guys follow some sort of script that covers their ###! Lucky for them this wasn't a door to door solicitation or they would regret it! In the end our attorney said it came down on our shipping manager who did agree to the sale, it almost cost him his job. The crap they sold us was pretty expensive. The ordeal cost us much more than to have just paid the bill. We almost fired our shipping mngr for agreeing to the purchase. What a pain in the ###!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! They are pretty expensive.

• Ju
      14th of May, 2010

I couldn't agree more. They tricked employees in our company a few times and leave the company with a ridiculous bill. It's clear from contact with them regarding the issues that they are aware of their unsavory sales practices. They immediately become agreesive, yell, or hang up the phone rather than try to come to an equitable solution. They seem to make a habit of recording phone conversations becuase they have so many disputes... does that sound like a company with good bsuiness practices? They have to record their sales calls so they can collect becuase their customers are so infuriated with them? They're obviously not interested in earning a long term customers, jsut focused on one sale and moving on tothe next customer. It's a shame they remain in business, I hope they get what's coming to them and go out if business rather than continue to mislead, frustrate, and steal from their "customers"...

• Dw
      30th of Oct, 2013

This is a wonderful company, providing great customer communication and products, they have a really skilled sales staff which does push sales. . .which every company should have. These comments are ludicrous and totally exaggerated. We have had nothing but good things to say about B&K, we have used them for over 12 years with no problems.