Bournival Kia / Bad Customer Service and not standing behind product

1 2548 Lafayette RoadPortsmouth, NH, United States Review updated:

I am writing this letter in regards to the 2003 MINI Cooper that I purchased from Bournival Kia on February 17, 2008, and took deliver of on February 19, 2008. I would first like to state that I am not satisfied with my overall experience from the service that I have received. I do apologize for the delay of this letter, due to the fact that I have been out of the country on business.
When I purchased the 2003 MINI Cooper from Bournival Kia, there was a punch list of items that were discussed with the Sales and Leasing Representative, Jeremy, that were to be completed before the pick-up of the vehicle. One, the plastic molding on the front drivers side wheel well was partially detached; two, the plastic molding around the sunroof vibrates, rattles and makes noise; and the third was a thumping sound and possible tire issue in the rear end of the car.
The issue of the sunroof molding however to this day vibrates, rattles and makes noise, this still remains an issue. Fortunately this does not affect the safety of the car. However, I would like to request that this matter be taken care of at some point in the near future. I would be happy to leave my car while I am away on my next business trip.
The concerning issue and the purpose of this letter is the thoroughness of the inspection that was done to the vehicle at Bournival Kia before delivery to me. Within 3 days, I had to bring the vehicle to a car dealership, due to the unsafe driving condition of the vehicle. This was due to tire issues. (I have enclosed the service report from your dealership along with the service report of the car dealership that serviced the MINI Cooper.) This issue was found 3 days after I took delivery of the MINI Cooper.
The 2 major issues found were as follows: The first, a broken belt on a tire that your dealership replaced. Second, one of the rear tires was in an unsafe condition, 4 pin holes in a concentrated area with numerous plugs to try and repair. These should have been found by your service team when an inspection was done from the items on the punch list and if not by that, then when a state inspection sticker was put on the vehicle.
I expect paid back the monies that I spent on making the vehicle that you sold me, safe to drive. I seek $367.26 for the tires that I had to replace to make the car safe to drive and $141.86 for the cost of a rental car I had to rent due to the loss of my vehicle. I would like you to understand the severity of this issue and it should not be taken lightly. I don’t believe that it is good business practice for a reputable dealership to sell unsafe vehicles. I could have been in a serious accident with the tires in that condition that they were, on the vehicle. Tires do not go bad in 3 days, especially if there is not excessive or hard driving.
So in conclusion, I am expecting a total amount of $509.12. This will cover the costs that I should not have had to incur, 3 days after delivery of a vehicle from a reputable dealership.

Comments

• To
      9th of Apr, 2011

I bought a 2004 Mini from Bournival Kia in Portsmouth, NH also. I traded my BMW in for a Mini cooper in late Jan of 2011. As soon as I stopped for gas, the check engine light came on. Needless to say after FIVE times of driving from my home in RI to NH (also to get a proper signature on the title because they forget to...and told me on the phone to just forge it so I could have it registered in my state) they finally admitted that they DO NOT have the equipment to fix the sensor, they were just guessing on the problem, and resetting it. In which case BURNED thru my warranty I had with them and they conceeded to send the car to a Mini dealer to be fixed so I could finally get the car inspected in my state. Not a month later (after having to replace the bald tire in which they told me where run flats...NOT)...I am driving in Mass and the engine starts to slip. I bring the car to a local mechanic and he tells me that the transmission is BLOWN. I had my insurance company look at the car and they said it was a pre-existing condition and that I NEED to contact the NH attorney generals office. I have done that this week. My Cooper that was with me for two months, days I spent at Bournival Kia getting my title signed because they are not compentent, having them play with a sensor they couldn't even fix, and probley laughing at me because they got me to buy this lemon from them. They have contacted me...because they MESSED up the title to the BMW I traded in to them. THEY SOLD THE CAR WITH NO TITLE!!! And are now trying to get a new one. GOOD LUCK Bournival.