Bounty Paper Towels

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 by

They smell like cat urine when wet!

I use Bounty paper towels in my kitchen, camper, pretty much anywhere, and have for years. I was filling up the water bowl for my cat and placed one between the bowl and the place mat beneath. The bowl was a bit wet when I put it down and I left the same paper towel under the bowl for about a week (with the water changed multiple times a day). My poor cat came into the kitchen and was feverishly smelling around the bowl and refused to stay near it. I immediately pulled up the bowl and smelled the paper towel beneath, which reeked of a smell identical to cat urine. Unfortunately the paper towel was staying wet from placing the same bowl on it each day. I knew my cat surely hadn't created the smell, but he was quick to let me know it was there. I immediately cleaned up the spot and replaced the paper towel (with the cheapest Walgreens brand, which is pretty much worthless) and cleaned the bowl. After filling it with fresh water and replacing it, my cat got a great big drink! Thank you, everyone, for posting these concerns. I thought I had truly lost my mind!!
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden

Comments

N  27th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
Of course it does. You left a wet paper towel under a bowl of water for a week. I imagine all those germs made mold begin to grow.
A  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
COMMENTER FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO,
YOU ARE VERY RIGHT, IN FACT EXTREMELY RIGHT!!!
I OFTEN TRIED TO LOOK FOR WHERE THAT FREAKING SMELL IS COMING FROM IN MY BATHROOM. I ALWAYS THOUGH IT WAS HUSBAND. YOU KNOW HOW MEN SPLASHES ALMOST ANYWHERE WHEN THEY PEE.
NO MATTER HOW I CLEAN & DISINFECT EVERYTHING I STILL SMELL THE URINE SMELL!!! WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PETS! I AM ALLERGIC TO THEIR HAIRS!
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT IT WAS THE BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS!!! I'VE BEEN BUYING IT, TOO, FOR THE LONGEST! BUT ONE COMMENTER IS RIGHT, I WILL RETURN THEM TO WALMART! BUY ANOTHER MORE REPUTABLE BRAND!!! NO MORE BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS!!!
A  14th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
COMMENTER FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO,
YOU ARE VERY RIGHT, IN FACT EXTREMELY RIGHT!!!
I OFTEN TRIED TO LOOK FOR WHERE THAT FREAKING SMELL IS COMING FROM IN MY BATHROOM. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS MY HUSBAND'S. YOU KNOW HOW MEN SPLASHES ALMOST ANYWHERE WHEN THEY PEE.
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT IT WAS THE BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS!!! I SMELLED THE URINE SMELL EVEN WHEN IT IS DRY, STILL ON ITS ROLL & WORST WHEN I WET THEM!!! WAAAAHHHHH!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree