Bounce Energy / Awful customer service; billing mistakes

Bounce Energy
Extremely bad customer service! We signed up with this company due to their advertised "no deposit" plan. The plan has a very high kwh rate, but the company advertised on their website that the rate would be "proactively" and "automatically" lowered to the "lowest available rate" after three months of on-time payments. However despite our diligence in making the payments on time, THE RATE REDUCTION DID NOT HAPPEN and moreover, there has been absolutely nothing done "proactively" by this company. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get the bill corrected, with most of it on hold for 25 or more minutes per call! The first call took 40 minutes, with the first rep telling me tersely that I should have known to ask for the "plan change" department instead of billing! How would I know this when I should not even have had to call with this issue!! I was promised a return call by a rep two days ago; I never received a call. Now, despite the fact that this is THEIR MISTAKE, Bounce Energy is saying that the bill will not be corrected until next month due to their "system", which leaves me with a HUGE electric bill for this month. This "system" which was supposed to make certain that the rate was "automatically" and "proactively" lowered is obviously useless.

A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
WOW!!! I am going through the same issue too!!! I would love to know what you did to resolve this issue. For me they gave me a credit and then refunded my credit and are reversing my payments made and now charging me again without asking, or calling me to tell me what and why this is going on!

I didn't get a call back either and two operators have now hung up on me because they didn't want to give me any answers as to why this is happening!!! :(
A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Well I originally signed up for Bounce energy due to the no deposit required as well. However after finding another service provider that did not require a deposit and an extremely lower cost per kw i called and requested to have my bounce energy account cancelled. the service was not due to be started until the following week. I requested the cancellation on 7-3. I received an email from bounce stating my bill is available to be viewed online. I contacted Bounce. which each call takes over an hour to speak to someone. was told that they came and set up service for me after me requesting it to be cancelled. they came out on 7-6 and billed me from 7-6 to 7-15. and when i inquired as to why i was told that thats just what they did. the escalations dept is a joke. they are completely unprofessional and unhelpful. Ive gotten nowhere with this company. and when i asked to speak to the supervisor was told thats who i was speaking to. I requested to speak to someone aboce him and was hung up on. Bounce energy is the worst company ive ever seen. Im now happily with another provider.
N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
I do apologize for the experience. We did have an issue that has since been resolved. The rate changes are occurring automatically when a customer pays on time for 3 months in a row on the Fresh Start plan. We have corrected the issue with customers who were not automatically lowered by offering bill credits for any bills that were not lowered and adjusting the rate for the future. The Fresh Start plan is a great plan for customers looking to avoid a deposit and your rate will be lowered to our lowest rate plan after 3 consecutive on time payments.

We have had a higher than normal call volume and expanding our customer service team to make sure we service all of our customers.

If you have any questions, please email us at customercare@bounceenergy.com or call us at 1.888.452.6863.
D  30th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
That's a bold lie. I spoke to a Rep Ottavio (he refused to give me his entire name or employee number) and he told me the exact same line. That it was a billing error and that I had to pay this almost $500 bill and the credit would occur thbe next month. I personally think that this may be a company wide standard as they know the people who choose the no deposit option are doing so for finaancial reasons. So, if they bill that high amount the 4th month and you cancel your credit card to avoid the amount you don't owe, I was told they would then turn around and require a deposit. There is plenty of time for them to correct the problem and not bill that amount. If they don't correct this I might just allow the charge to go through and when everything else starts bouncing and my bank hits me with charge backs, I'll take them to court for gross negligence since I gave them fair warning. It sounds likes this could easily have the possibility of a clasa action lawsuit. The CEO's name on record is Robbie Wright and phone number is 281-745-9020
A  5th of Aug, 2009 by
txgirl29..what company did you swith to, I'm having problems with bounce as we speak.

N  28th of Sep, 2009 by
what company you signed been on hold for 2 hours and know there saying i owe a 300 dollar deposit
A  31st of Oct, 2009 by
SAme thing here!
I switched to YEP
I'm sitting on 4 invoices I got in the last 3 weeks totalling $1200
My monthly bill is nver over $230
A  7th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
OMG. These guys are horrible. Avoid them like the plague. I'm currently with them, have been calling them about the fact that 1. never received the credit they were supposed to give me 2. they were sending me bills for 2 meters (for the empty house next to me) and my house.

These guys are absolutely awful. I have been on the phone with reps for HOURS with no resolution.

After doing some diggin on Linkedin, these are the culprints of crappy service

CEO - Robbie Wright
VP of Operations - Sabrina Colgin
Customer Service Manager - Michelle Cantu

If all fails, send them messages on Linkedin. If they are that clueless with the dissatisfaction of their service, they should go hide in a closet and never come out.
A  2nd of May, 2014 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
holy ###... never do business with this crap company..
I have been waiting for the deposit from 4 months.. and there is update.
Can some one tell me what can be done to get the deposit back..
N  15th of Sep, 2015 by