Bottom Line Books / bill turned over to a collection agency for an unidentified &purchase&. i've paid for two yearbooks, one unsolicited.

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I've paid for two yearbooks, one unsolicited and now am in receipt of a bill from a collection agency for $32 for an item not identified. This is a poor company to deal with.

Comments

• Lo
      6th of Nov, 2008
    BottomLineBooks - Unwanted book senr.
    Bottom Line Books

I received a book in the mail from Bottom Line Books which I never ordered nor do I want the book. I don't want to spend my money to send it back, but I'm not going to pay for it either. On the front of the package it says: Forwarding Carrier: Leave if no response. This kind of business is not very good.

• Je
      19th of Nov, 2008
    BottomLineBooks - I RECEIVED BOOKS I DIDN'T ORDER
    2900 s. Valley View Blvd.
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 7026846244

10 DAYS AGO I RECEIVED A BOOK I DIDN'T ORDER, I SENT IT BACK RETURN TO SENDER & NOW TODAY I GOT ANOTHER ONE. I CAN'T AFFORD POSTAGE TO BE SENDING THESE BACK. I TOLD THE MAILMAN NOT TO LEAVE ANY MORE AS I AM GOING OUT OF TOWN FOR 3 MONTHS & DON'T WANT THEM FORWARDED.I NEED A NUMBER TO CALL THEM PLEASE.

22nd of Nov, 2008

I also recieved a book I did not order. I found this complaint as I was looking for information regarding returns. Nasty business.

• Rr
      29th of Nov, 2008

I agree. They send me a yearbook every year. I just put it back in the mailbox refused
    They are thick headed.

• Rr
      29th of Nov, 2008

This company sucks. They should be out of business

• Ed
      15th of Dec, 2009

"Nasty business" is right. Bottom Line is bad news and a serious scam. They will send unsolicited materials and hound you with billing. They will claim on mailings that they do so because you asked them to do so. I responded last year when they sent an unordered book and told them never to do it again. Last week, they dropped another on me and I sent it return mail collect from the nearest post office. Don't open anything you get from Bottom Line. Keep dropping all correspondence and packages unopened and return to them collect by writing refused on it and dropping these at the nearest post office. That turns the tables and you extract their money instead of the other way around.

Avoid ALL books and ALL publishers of books that you cannot find sold on Amazon.com. If they sold through Amazon, a buyer would see these 4000-plus complaints under reviews that we see here and not order a thing.

We are in this alone. Ever since George Bush took office, and this has continued right on through Barack Obama, I've found government unwilling to take any action against business victimizing citizens. The same scammers continue victimizing citizens for years. You can see the history right here on Complaints Board. The citizens complain, and government does nothing. Today, you can't even get these "consumer protection" agencies to respond to a complaint. No one curbs these companies, which are little more than a form of organized crime. So forget complaining to government. If you want out from under these creeps, you need to take action yourself.

• Lj
      16th of Jan, 2010

sent me a bill for books i never ordered

never wanted