Bottom Line Books / still being billed for book I returned

1 KS, United States Review updated:

I returned a book to Bottom Line Books along with an additional book they had sent me. I am still mistakenly receiving their bill along with annoying form letters saying I still owe them. I have since mailed them back one of these annoying form letters they sent me with bold writing from me informing them I returned not only the book they're billing me for but I also sent back another book they sent which I did not want. I also copied them on the proof of delivery to their Iowa address and the date it was delivered. This proof of delivery was directly from the US Postal Service, so they have this copy. I want them to STOP billing me immediately.

Comments

• Wa
      27th of Feb, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Unordered book
    Clarion
    Iowa

Large book, unknown title, unordered arrived today. I have not opened the package. I cannot find a website or and e-mail address to directly complain of this practice of sending unsolicited books. Can you help me reach Bottom Line Books so that I can send it back without paying additional money to get this accomplished.

2nd of Mar, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Unsolicited books and billing afterwards!
    P.O.Box 11014, Des Moines, IA 50336-1014
    des monines
    Iowa

Bottom line books keeps sending unsolicited books and billing following. i didn't order books from them after the first book months ago, which i paid that bill. This company i have learned uses this scam on many people and there is no phone number to reach them.

• St
      12th of Mar, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Unsolicited receipt of book!
    PO Box 10292
    Iowa

Company sent me a book unsolicited along with a bill for 35.90 claiming it is the book I ordered. There is no phone number to call and get a return goods authorization or even an address, just a PO BOX. This smells like deceit and a scam.

• Ri
      13th of Mar, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Unordered book!
    7828 Pat Booker Rd Apt 436
    Live Oak
    Texas
    Phone: (210) 652-5112

I did not order "Power Aging" and am being billed for it. I DO NOT want the book nor will I pay for it. I just want to return it postage paid by Bottom Line Books.

• Li
      24th of Mar, 2008

Large book, I have not opened the package. I cannot find a website or and e-mail address to directly complain of this practice of sending books. Can you help me reach Bottom Line Books so that I can send it back without paying additional money to get this accomplished.

• Ro
      14th of Apr, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - charged for book not ordered.

You have falsely charged my Bank Account for $22.90 for a
    book I did not order . Also you have charged my Bank Account which I did not give you permission to do. YOU MUST REFUND THE AMOUNT TO MY ACCOUNT OR I WILL GO TO THE POLICE WITH THIS MATTER. IT SHOWS YOU ARE IN A HABBIT OF DOING THIS DIRTY THING TO A LOT OF PEOPLE. I FOR ONE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ROBBIE SANDERS

• Wa
      15th of Apr, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - no receipt of book / not ordered
    P. O. Box 11014
    Iowa

Received an invoice for a book that was never ordered nor received.

I do not owe this invoice and would like some action taken against vendors that tries to intimadate people this way...

Our credit is the only thing left that we own outright and now someone tries to steal that..

• Gy
      22nd of May, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Faulty billing practice
    P.O. Box 11014
    Iowa

I continue to receive a billing notice on a book that I have returned to this company. Indeed, they have the wrong name of the book that they are billing me for, i.e., Mind Boosting Secrets. Apparently--but I do not know--the company sent me two books, entitled, Health, Harm of Ripp-off, of which I returned one of them within the past two weeks. Yet, they continue to bill me for Mind Boosting Secrets.

1st of Jun, 2008

Chase, chase I don't want to hear about this Bank anymore, they did not care about you.

AM. Valdes

• Ta
      17th of Jun, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me.

I am in the process of trying to find a phone to call them, and of course will probably have to spend time on endless automated messages and then endless sales "specials" once I get to a live person - If lucky enough to achieve that.

There needs to be a way for consumers to be able to protect themselves from this kind of deceitful, unprofessional behavior from companies such as Bottom Line

• Be
      17th of Jun, 2008

Same thing happened to us and here is a phone # to call:

1-800-678-5835

Good luck!

• El
      27th of Jun, 2008

I have been harassed by Bottom line books. They keep billing me for a book I never received. I have written to them on several occasions telling them I have not received such a book but they just keep ignoring my letters and I keep getting a bill. This last bill I just got today says that I have 28 days to pay or they will take additional collection procedures. If I had received the book they claim they sent me I would have no problem paying for it but the truth is I have never received any book from them so how can I pay for something I never got. As if I had money to give out. Are they out of their mind or something?

This harassment has to stop. I've never heard of such a thing.

• Ba
      30th of Jun, 2008

I received a book that I have not ordered. This is terrible scam! Beware all!

• Ar
      12th of Jul, 2008

I received a book that i did not order What should I do about it? i do not want to pay any return costs and it is very heavy !!

• Je
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Sending Books not ordered

I received a package from Bottom Line Books with 3 Books in it. I did not open box knowing I had not ordered any. The attached bill was for 37.00. I told the Post Office I refused the package and they said I have to pay postage to send back. I am furious that people have to scam other unknowing people to make a buck. This is outrageous and I hope no one that falls prey to this bad company does not stand for it.

• Vi
      25th of Jul, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Did not authorize purchase of books
    4360 Marival Way
    Mason
    Ohio
    Phone: 513-459-6453

Received bill of 35.90 for books that were not ordered.
    In fact some time back we received a package of books from Bottom Line Books and returned the package to sender as not ordered.

• In
      26th of Jul, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - harassment
    P.O. Box 11014
    Iowa

Sent the books back the same day that they arrived, as they were not wanted. Have been sent bills, twice now . Have sent them notice that I sent them back with copy of the front of box, they in turn say I have not responded. Liars. made copy of latest letter to them and sent copy again of the return to sender.

• Mi
      4th of Aug, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Billed for item not ordered and returned by U.S. Post Office uniopened
    Bridgeton
    Missouri
    Phone: 314-739-8670
    dutchamber@peoplepc.com

Book was sent, unauthorized, and handed back to postal mail-carrier unopened. Package containing book was never placed in mailbox or delivered.

• Do
      4th of Aug, 2008

I received BOTTOM LINE YEARBOOK 2008 and returned it by mail unopened last month when I returned to the States. The reason for me being late on returning the book late, I was out of country since the 5th of June 2008. Sorry for being late but your book should be there already. You can contact me at 801-776-6156 if further assistance is needed. Thank you

• Ri
      11th of Aug, 2008
    Bottom Line Books - Did not order anything, but receiving bills
    Conroe
    Texas
    www.bot

Books sent to me, which I did not order and then Bottom Line Books is sending bill saying I ordered the books and wanting Payment in full. There was no return info. or contact numbers.