Bottom Line Books / free bottom line year book

1 po box 11014 50336-1014Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-678-5835

Received two (02) unsolicited yearbook 2008 with cover that said your FREE GIFT is enclosed. About 3 weeks later I received a Invoice for payment for the FREE GIFT. I received the books at two different times . They both have two different account numbers for the same book, name etc. I have written to them in the past and requested that they not send me any item without my first making the request Looks like they have now included me the list under two separate accounts. They did the you pay now or I'll get you think last time and I was able to get them to send me a return label to send the book back. They were very rude and I had to push to get the label. Looks like they have doubled me up this year. I am trying to get them to send me TWO LABELS to send the books back. This practice needs to be stopped. They are definitely trying to get you to buy by intimidation. Please let everyone know that they don't have to buy the unsolicited books.. They can call the 800 number and get them to send a label to return. I had a very hard time finding a number to call. It is not in the billing invoice notice. Hope someone out there can get the proper information to stop this practice.

Ro

Comments

• Cr
      7th of Mar, 2008

Agree with your comments but was disappointed you did not tell us what the 800 number was so that we can get the return lables from them as the same thing happened to me. If possible, please share this number with us. Thanks, Cromwell

• So
      19th of Mar, 2008

I called the 800 number that the first poster has provided in his heading - & talked to customer service & they where very understanding & will send an immediate return shipping label. Bottom Line's books & particularly their magazines are very informative but are also very expensive for someone on a limited income. I am going to suggest to my library that they sign up for the bottom line magazines.

Happy Easter

Sonny -- PS - Google - RON PAUL

• Da
      20th of Apr, 2008

I will have to call "Bottom Line Books" Monday and ask them to send me a return shipping label.
    Hopefuly everything is going to be ok, although...after I have read all the negative adds. about them, I am a bit concerned.

I will keep you up to date with regards to how they ("Bottom Line Books"- Customer Service) managed my case.

• Di
      7th of May, 2008

They are sending me the year book I did not order. Can I get the 800 no. to get a label to send it back. I can't afford the books and don't like them. I may have to call the attorney general of the state. He hates when they scam the elderly.

• Da
      3rd of Aug, 2008

IS THERE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST BOTTOM LINE.

IF NOT, HOW CAN I GET BOTTOM LINE TO RETURN MY MONEY!

THANKYOU

• Vi
      18th of Jun, 2009

I need a return shipping label to the Bottom Line Books

• Sy
      1st of Jul, 2009

Like many of you I ended up with unsolicited books that they wanted to bill me for. This is what I found, they are a portion of something called Boardroom Classics. The following is all of the #'s and fax #'s and addresses that I could find on these "people":

Phone Number FAX Number

P.O. Box 422305
    Palm Coast, FL 32142-2305 (800) 247-2736 (515) 456-3787

• Wc
      3rd of Nov, 2009

This is a lousy company---read the fine print!!! When you return their 'pay later cards' you are also agreeing to "preview" future editions for thirty days and be billed if not returned in time. Problem is no phone numbers are provided for customer service and it is difficult to get a return label. Also they WILL bill you for that book as soon as they send it!!!
    W Clarke

• Mi
      16th of Feb, 2010

CANCELLED THEM ON INTERNET. TRIED TO CANCEL FUTURE COPIES ON MEMO ON CHECK. THIS TIME I, IN NO WAY ASK FOR THE 2010 BOOK. IT WAS SENT AND LEFT ON MY PORCH. I DIDN'T HAVE THE OPTION TO REFUSE IT. STICKER ON BOX READ CARRIER: LEAVE IF NO RESPONSE. IT HAD NO INFORMATION ON HOW TO SEND IT BACK. THIS HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES BEFORE. I GET STUCK FOR ER-TAPING, RE-LABELLING, AND TAKING IT TO BE SHIPPED BACK, AND PAYING TO SHIP IT BACK. THIS TIME THEY WILL HAVE TO SEND FOR IT OR COME GET IT. I WILL INFORM THEM OF THIS NOW THAT I READ ALL THE POST ON THIS SITE. SPECIAL THANKS TO W CLARKE