Bottom Line Books / recovery of paid amount

CA, US Review updated:

I would like to share my story with all of you who have been cheated by Bottom Line Books.
Last year - without notice - received a bill ($49.94) from Bottom Line Books for some books I didn’t order. I tried to call the company but could not fine any phone number to call. Finally found an 800-telephone number [protected]. I called this number several times before a woman answered. She was really arrogant and told me that if it is an invoice it must be paid otherwise they leave it to a collection company. To make it short I received a letter from NORT SHORE AGENCY, INC (the collection company) with account status: delinquent. I paid the $49.94+fees for something I never ordered or received to awoid more problem. That time I have contacted the Better Business Bureau's online Complaint System (www.bbb.org) . After several month - letters back and forth - finally I received refund from Bottom Line Books. The Better Business Bureau made a really good job and I will advice all of you to contact BBB to solve your problem. It is useless to speak with Bottom Line Books, go ahead and contact BBB. They will help you to solve your problem. Good luck and do not give up!!!

Comments

• He
      Nov 11, 2010

I ordered A Bottom Line Book I believed in December 2009. The post office tried to deliver the book two times. I called the post office on the second miss and asked them to leave it at the office. The postal lady said that si against company rules. My mail box was too small for the package. I asked what time would be there for the third day. She stated around 3 pm. I got home about 2:30 and stayed at the apartment until 4 pm. I went to the office and the ladies there said there was a new postal lady and she came early. The first lady left two NOTICES. I did not get another NOTICE. I called the post office back. They suggest I call the original postal lady and she will be back Monday. The post office personnel could not find the book. Monday I called before the original postal lady left the post office. She said she would look for it before she leaves that morning on her route. She could not find it. She stated that it should not have been sent back because that I only had two NOTICES. The next day she stated that it must have been sent back y accident. My address is HERMAN IVY, Jr.; 3524 Wingood Circle Apt. #1; Memphis, TN 38118. My master card last four digits’ are 5368 has two charges on it for $39.90. One on February 23, 2010 and March 23, 2010. I have emailed Bottom Line many times and told Bottom Line I would rather have the book (s) than the refund. Now what can I do. The card people say they will not do any investigation after 180 days. My new phone number [protected]. The old phone Number was [protected]. Do anyone have a phone number for Bottom Line.