BOTB (Best Of The Best)

1.95
Best of the Best www.botb.com
England Greater London, United Kingdom
botb.com
Best of the Best or www.botb.com which is their webpage is a TOTAL SCAM! Yes, they do display incredible cars in all the major airports across the UK but you have absolutely zero chance of winning. The reason you have ZERO chance of winning is that they do not actually have any kond of raffle or system to win.

They charge £50.00, YES FIFTY ENGLISH POUNDS for one ticket… Imagine that….They must get 2000 – 3000 OR MORE tickets bought every week at FIFTY POUNDS… They make an absolute fortune and then post some fake winner driving around in his or her new Lambo!

What a load of rubbish.

If you are interested in trying Best of the Best www.botb.com then please save your money. I promise it is a scam. My partner and I have played this more than 10 times and never won anything. This was across all their games. So we decided to investigate. We hired people to watch the ticket buyers across a number of UK airports and once they purchased a ticket and asked them for a contact email so we could ask them if they every heard anything from botb.com. We collected HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of email addresses over and over again.

What a surprise no one ever won anything ever.

Best of the Best or www.botb.com which is their webpage is a TOTAL SCAM!
Complaint comments Comments (100)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Gambling Games

Comments

D  5th of Dec, 2011 by     Best Advice +21 Votes
As Commercial Director of Best of the Best, it is my duty to respond to this factually incorrect, libellous, and extremely malicious posting. The claims made in this posting make no sense whatsoever and are baseless.

Best of the best has been operating competitions to win cars and other prizes for nearly 12 years. It is a wholly responsible, transparent and trustworthy business, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Best of the Best’s competitions are judged and audited to the highest standards by professional lawyers and accountants.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0207 3718866 or info@botb.com
N  20th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Rupert Garton I played the spot the ball competition to win jaguar F type at gatwick airport, I spent £35 playing and was called a few days later on my mobile to say Id won the runners up prize of £500 and £500 credit to play again, not a new Jag but not a kick on the teeth either :).. its a legit site with genuine car winners ( I know of a actual car winner through my large business clientele, hence my particpation ) ... However reading through here I see it has its fair share of sore losers
N  18th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Vinzki Vega The problem with your post is that they do not CALL winners, they go at their door like in every video you see ;) [censor] scammers.
N  10th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Marko T They often call if they can not reach you, however he only won £500 in game credit, not a Car!
N  23rd of Dec, 2011 by    +7 Votes
That facts are...there is always a winner, just very very rarely ever a car as there are always a number of "winners" who take a share of the prize money, which is of far lesser value to the displayed car. Many of the pics and videos on display on the web site are where Botb have hired a car for the day for the main cash winner. I know, as I used to work there. The sales men are paid commission to rinse as much money from you as possible. You have a much greater chance of winning the lottery for a lot less investment.
N  8th of May, 2012 by    -8 Votes
hi.its farid buy 50 pound ticket on the date 06/05/12 but there is no email i found in my email.other day i go again he tell him that i not found the email he says i send u on the date of 08/05/12 he also take my mob no butt still no response .i don't like ur service .know u send my money back into my account .my receipt no .1031. thanks
N  8th of May, 2012 by    -7 Votes
hi.i do not found my ticket no kindly tell me that
D  5th of Apr, 2013 by    +6 Votes
Well all i can say to Kim Reyes is you should ask for your money back...from the person you hired to follow the customers buying tickets.
I have been playing on and off for a number of years now and I have only ever won game credit. However there is a young girl who works for me and shes has actually won this. Back in 2005 she won the main prize along with 1 other person so they ended up sharing £100, 000. Anybody that thinks this is a scam is just bitter because they haven't won. Is the lottery a scam too because you have never won that?
D  3rd of Jun, 2013 by    +10 Votes
I disagree with this complaint. I have been playing best of the best for long time, although I have not win anything, but it looks far better than the other of lottery websites, sometimes I have made it so close and then my payment was credited back for the next competition. I have just played recently again and I am waiting for the results. hopefully someday I will win. even if I do not win. I like the way best of the best sets competition.
N  8th of Oct, 2013 by    +3 Votes
The facts: Botb.com claim to have given 14 million in prizes over a 13 year period and I'm not going to dispute this. But, what was the their revenue during this time? I can see form their public accounts they have earned between 6 and 8 million per year since 2008 and I assume similar amounts the years before. This means they have earned around 90 million but gave just 14 million in prizes. With such numbers the winning chances are guaranteed to be terribly low. Also they have only 10% of their shares in the stock exchange...a nice trick indeed to enable them to pose as PLC. Unfortunately for them it looked a bit too much for me and I decided to take a closer look. However, they are 100% legal and people give them their money willingly...nothing wrong with that!
N  2nd of Mar, 2017 by    -3 Votes
@Bob Flavin What's your point here? I have rarely seen an online complaint where someone has come across this stupid. It is a BUSINESS, setup to make MONEY. Nothing wrong with that. Their business is to offer prize draws. Similar to the lottery, but I don't see you complaining about then? I can only assume you're jealous that you didn't think of it first. No one forced you to hand over your money to them...
N  9th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
There is no such thing as "Cyber Crime Bureau Investigation Department" and the FBI wouldn't be using a gmail account. This guy is a scammer and a criminal. Do NOT send any information.
A  1st of Nov, 2013 by    -6 Votes
Best of the best is a big scam firstly all the football matches that are displayed as part of the competition are all edited photoshoped editions of real matches.
The people that win the cars are family members of botb employees. The rest of of us win game credit. How many times do you ever see anyone winning a supercar I have not seen anyone win a Bentley yet. In one game me and my partner spent 0ver £2, 000 on one of the spot the ball games just marking the whole page with coordinates and we only won game credit. Botb are just crooks.
A  20th of Dec, 2013 by    -2 Votes
Has anyone tried taking the names of all the winners photographed on the BOTB website and searched for them on facebook! If I won I'd have tons of pictures of me with my prize! I couldn't find any! I'd understand if there were perhaps 3, 4, 5 even 10 people on there who might not be on the worlds biggest on line social media site, but ALL of them! Seems suspicious! I just spent 40pounds and am pretty gutted! if this is indeed a scam...I hope the board members are all run over by a super car! ... the probability will be as likely as me winning...
D  10th of Mar, 2014 by    +7 Votes
i have just signed up to botb after seeing there ad a number of times in autocar magazine. all you have to do is search the company details, directors etc to see its a plc, been running years, and operate quite fairly (as far as i can make out). i was given £5.00 credit upon signing up, and refered a few family members to recieve a few extra game credit, for which i have bought tickets for the next draw. will i win? probably not, but i know for sure, if i dont play, i wont win! have i ever won the lottery jackpot? no! is that a scam? probably not! i am prepered to spend a couple of quid again (maybe £3-5) to enter the next competition, it aint gonna break the bank and i COULD win a nice flash motor :) you find automatically negative people in every aspect of life!!! get a grip!!!
D  23rd of Mar, 2014 by    +8 Votes
Just to add some creedence to BOTB's position I won a Porsche Cayman from them a few years back!

I still play now and it certainly isn't a scam. Have a look at http://www.alunr.com/articles/alun-gets-a-gobsmackingly-brilliant-phone-call if you want to see more about how it works.

I have to say BOTB treated me extremely well and having spent some time with their team I can assure they are anything but crooks.

Alun
N  12th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@AlunR You are a SHILL !!
(look up the word, 'shill' please).
D  6th of Apr, 2014 by    +4 Votes
I totally disagree... Stop spreading lies...Just because you never won doesn't mean its not real. They have several people who have won as a matter of fact, over 200 winners, go get a life! Stop spending your money if you don't think you can win... Go back to playing the lottery! William is the Best Of The Best!
N  18th of Jul, 2014 by    -5 Votes
Of course it's a scam, they hide behind the fact that botb is a public company so what, it doesn't mean that anyone has any insight into WHO the “winner” is. Another smoke screen is that they have hired some respectable judges to pick the point where they think the ball is, the judges though will not be given the authority to pick the WINNER, that is done behind closed doors by botb loyal people. You might have noticed the unproportional amount of “winners” with arab names living in the most obscure places…?
N  21st of Aug, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I have been playing Botb, several times. Actully Every time travilling from Copenhagen airport. Played for many kroner's.
I know it is a lottery, but I still think it is strange that all the winners are from the UK?! Is it all fake?
A  3rd of Dec, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Complete scam I bet the postive reviews are from botb cronies. Broad daylight robbery. Save your money. If something is too good to be true, it usually is!
N  20th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
Scam i have spent in excess of £60, 000 over the last 6 years with this lot and never won anything !
N  1st of Jan, 2015 by    -4 Votes
So I'm trying to work this thing out... Is it a guessing game where a correct guess wins a prize, or is it a 'lottery' style win where a correct guess puts you in the draw to win? If it's a guessing game with a prize, there should be many more winners. If it's a 'lottery' style draw, then I can understand there being only a few winners.
The other question is the identity of the winners. Maybe winners prefer to keep a low-profile on their win? I'm sure someone living in a lower socio-economic area that scores a big win like this isn't going to feel too comfortable about everyone knowing that he won. Could faces be real but names false to protect them? I like to believe that companies like this are running things in a legit fashion.. innocent until proven guilty is what i'd say.
D  23rd of Jan, 2015 by    -2 Votes
I totally disagree with this complaint. I've been playing for a couple of years, about 17 times in fact and recently I won a car + cash. My identity is not fake. The competition is not a lottery. You buy tickets and each ticket gives you a guess at where the ball should be in the picture. After the competition closes judges decide where they think the ball should be and the entrant who's guess is closest to or the same as the judges guess is the winner.
Some people don't like this method of judging but this seem to be how the competition has to be run from a legal standpoint. Even if I hadn't won I would still keep playing as I think you have a better chance of winning than the lotteries.
N  12th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@SteveM57 Steve, I suspect that you are a 'Shill'.
if you really won a car, then how about some proof to all of the doubters.
such a large company would automatically have a staff member (or two) working online forums (in a 'PR' effort, to counter the bad reviews.
Even small companies have online PR people writing 'shill' comments.
its a common thing, and you have all the hallmarks of being a shill.
D  23rd of Jan, 2015 by    +5 Votes
And by the way, tickets are NOT £50. Ticket prices vary from £3 to about £20 depending on the value of the car you're playing for. Someone also commented on here that it only seems to be UK players that win. Check out the winner's map on the BOTB website and you'll see that there are winners from many different countries. I'd be surprised not to see more overseas winners in the future now that you can play online from anywhere in the world.
I'll be sure to post on here if I win again!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

BOTB (Best Of The Best) Logo BOTB (Best Of The Best)
Customer Care Service