Botanic Global Financial / Sweepstakes Scam

1 2310 Fraserwood WayRichmond, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

This company sent me a letter telling me that I had won a sweepstakes lottery program in the amount of $75000.00. They included a check in the amount of $2960.00 which they said I needed to confirm receipt of and then deposit it in myaccount. Once it cleared I was to then send that amount to them to cover fees. Being very skeptical I decided to check this out before proceeding. I called the number on the check and the person there confirmed and verified that the check was legitimate. I still did not feel right about this believing in the old addage that "if it appears to good to be true it probably is". So, I called the Bank on which the check was drawn and they told me that it was fraudulent and asked me to send it to them. Fortunately I did not fall victim to this but I wanted to post this information so that others would know about it.

Ma

Comments

• 4c
      24th of Feb, 2010

I recieved the same scam luckly i did not send anyone any money, I have it on hold for when the check bounces.
    so if you get any letter please check first. I cashed it and almost sent it, luckly i have some smart children.
    From now on i will check first before i do anything like this again.