Bosworth Hall Hotel / complaint

1 44 Lockingate Street Ashton, Lancs, United Kingdom

Dear Customer Services
I am emailing you with regards to the dreadful Hotel room we had at Bosworth Hall Hotel.
The room, number 50, was disgusting, dirty, black marks on the walls, peeling paintwork, a horrible repair to the bath that made it unusable and it looked like it had not been decorated since the smoking ban as the walls were a disgusting dirty yellow. That was bad enough, as personally I would not have let my staff use it let alone paying guests, but the room directly above us was used by people who clearly had no respect for other residents. They sounded like they were moving furniture all night the noise was horrendous. We complained every single day to the Duty Manager yet he only suggested we move rooms the day before we left, which we refused as we were so exhausted from lack of sleep that the thought of packing and unpacking again was beyond us.
As I was complaining for the third time to the Duty Manager, the people in the next room to us, number 49, told him that they to had been kept awake by the noise from the room above, thereby clarifying everything I had said.
I left an official complaint with the General Manager and the Duty Manager had said he had informed him of my complaint but no one has bothered to reply as yet.
Also, as I explained to the Duty Manager, my friend staying with me suffers from COPD and due to lack of sleep she was admitted to Tameside Hospital on Friday night, caused by the noise that kept us awake.
I would also like to point out that the brochure said that we would have entertainment every night but none was provided and you will be getting complaints from most of the other people on this trip as they arranged a petition to be completed and sent to you.
Therefore I would like to know what National Holidays are prepared to do to resolve the issue.
Regards
Kim Malpas
44 Lockingate Street
Ashton-under-Lyne
Lancs
OL6 8YD
[protected]

• Updated by Citykim1960, Feb 27, 2019

Absolute waste of time. Bosworth Hall actually had the temerity to offer us another stay at their dreadful hotel but we had to pay £50 for the privilege!!
    Their Deputy Manager had told us we would get a partial refund from the hotel for the stress and upset we had gone through but to insult us by offering another stay and expecting us to pay for it was beyond insulting.
    Britannia Hotels who owns this hotel
    refused to help us and they should be ashamed of the way we were treated but of course all they care about is making money out of their customer's not ensuring those customers enjoy their stay.
    So my advice is AVOID BOSWORTH HALL IT'S DIRTY AND DISGUSTING AND DON'T BOTHER TO COMPLAIN AS NEITHER THE HOTEL OR ITS OWNERS GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICES.

Ci