Boost Mobile / terrible service

1 TN, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a highly anticipated Boost Mobile I9 and here are the results of an email I sent them...(keep in mind that this is after 5 days of trying to get reliable service with them)

"I'm throwing in the towel with you guys. I'm not going to call customer care and sit on hold anymore. I am switching back to my old service tomorrow and I need to know how I can go about getting a refund on my phone and service. This has been a miserable experience, but I am willing to take a refund and call it a wash...please send me a RA number and address where to send the phone and advise me on how long it will be before my credit card is refunded. Just in case you want to know...here are the issues I had: 1) Texts come through between 5-15 minutes after they are sent (I had everyone who text me yesterday include the time they sent it in the text) if they even come through. 2) I called my my voice mail yesterday and it connected to to Goodwill Baptist Church...huh? 3) When I attempt to make a call it rings once then is silent...but apparently stills rings on the other persons end... 4) Tonight I tried to call somebody and it rang once then went to fast busy then a mexican recording answered...then the person I was trying to call called me back and said that they got a call from me but all they could hear was a mexican talking... 5) People try to call me and they get a message that says that please hold we are trying to locate the person...then it says that I cannot be located...hummm...I'm...I sitting in my damn house with a full bar of service... 6) I currently have 5 text messages sitting in my In box and when I try to retrieve them it just gives me a server error. 7) This phone is my home phone too...and I cannot afford for it to suck... Thanks..."

Here is there reply

"Hello,

Thank you for notifying us of your concerns. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. We regret that your experience with Boost Mobile didn’t meet your expectations, and that we didn’t achieve our goal of complete customer satisfaction. Please know that we are committed to providing a quality customer experience for each of our customers. We appreciate your feedback, and are passing your comments on to the appropriate team. However you are unable to return your phone for a refund..

Again, thank you for providing your feedback, as it helps us identify opportunities and make improvements.

Boost Mobile Customer Care"

Wow...no refund after only 5 days for a totally misrepresented product...can you say wow?

I hope you heed my advice and stay away from Boosy Mobile and pay a few extra dollars and get a reliable carrier...trust me when I say your sanity is worth it...

Comments

• Tu
      11th of Mar, 2009

Yep!

• Su
      14th of Mar, 2009

I got an i9 too - and love it - the store i bought it from told me that there were issues with texting - and there were - same as you i didnt get texts on time or at all - but it's seems to be working now.. I knew what to expect network wise have had boost forever - but have had a verizon fone from work too and really for the most part it isnt like the verizon has that much better service.. only better in a few areas..
    My boost i9 rocks.. I love it..

• Al
      22nd of Mar, 2009

i recently bought a boost mobile phone for my daughter and myself and after working for only 15 days these phones completely won't recieve service and the chargers wont even work with the phone. I am very pissed off that i was misinformed about these phones and i for one wll not stand for being ripped off for my hard earned money.

• Gu
      27th of Apr, 2009

Here is my complaint with Boost Mobile sent on today, April 27, 2009...so i feel your pain.

I am very angry and frustrated. I left one service to come to this one and this one is 10x's worse than the other service I was with. I purchased my phone and service on April 17th at a Radio Shack. I have barely been able to use my phone since...I recieve error messages, i cant get to a text message, can barely make a call, when i try and listen to a vm that is left for me (which the phone never rang) it says the number i have dialed is incorrect - same thing it says when i try and make a call to others. when others try and reach me? they can barely get through to me, they receive dead air when they call me, or it tells them that they have reached a number in error, the list goes on and on and on. I use this phone as a house phone and my cell. I have called and spoke with someone everyday about this problem, at the beggining they almost had me sending my phoneback to Motorola and its not MOtorola's fault. Its a Boost problem! Last Wed after holding for 45 min, a supervisor finally transferred me to someone named Candace in technical support area...she tells me that they JUST realised this was a major problem with the network and it should be back up and running ok by FRiday. Friday came around...that never happened, the network service was worse! - Friday i called Boost again, this time one of your reps seemed very frustrated due to all the problem calls, and i dont blame her, i wouldnt want to work in place that was lying to their customers either. SHe explained to me that this problem did NOT just start, its actually been going on for a month or over. she stated that she was concerned that due to the popularity of the unlimited service, the network is not able to handle all of this. I was shocked that you all would still take peoples money for this service KNOWING you are having problems. I think that left my mouth hanging more than anything. TOday is now, April 27th and i am still unable to hold a conversation past 10 min before it goes dead, receieve or send text, receive phone calls, etc. I pulled up the consumer affairs report and saw a list of the same complaints. I see you are not with the BBB.

THis may be a shot in the dark, but i have to ask this questions before i persue further action...but i would like a refund due to me not being able to use my phone. THis almost seems like a scam. If i have to send a message to every news company out here (Houston) I will. I am so angry. so very angry. ANd to think that Boost was blaming the problem on Motorola over and over again.

• Ph
      19th of May, 2009

I experienced a horrible customer service ordeal with boost mobile, I requested a supervisor and the idiot kept placing the phone down and kept getting back on, trying to insult my intelligence.
    I changed my service and never used them again.
    They scanned my credit card 3 times and blamed it on my bank. They need to learn proper technical support, customer service, and in other words learn their job.

• Cp
      18th of Sep, 2009

Boost is not worth the $. My girlfriend purchased a Boost phone about 3 months ago and it has been nothing but problems since. She gets a full signal wherever she goes. (We live in metro South Florida; very flat here and no signal interference) The problem is that sometimes when I call her, I get that msg that says: "Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." Then it goes dead. Also, she very rarely receives VM messages left for her. Also, the texting service is the worst I have ever seen with any carrier. (I'm with AT&T Wireless, no complaints on my end) Example: She texed me a message late yesterday afternoon and I just received it at 7:30 am this morning. Wow! Furthermore, most of the time her incomming texts never reach her.

Another gripe we both have with the service is the actual voice/calling portion of the plan. Her signal breaks-up so severly most of the time that I cannot understand what she is saying. Pathetic! Why bother with this service when you could have two cans and a string that would deliver a more reliable connection. She has called and complained many times, but to no avail. Oh well, just chalk it up to inferior technical services. And that suprises me since you think that Sprint (Boosts parent company) has a solid network and is technologically savy. In this circumstance, you do certainly get what you pay for.

• Hu
      19th of Mar, 2011

Boost mobiles business plan seems to be "sell no refund phones and service." Once you have it and they have your money, so what if it don't work it's your phone and your problem. Sorry we don't do refunds. Almost like buying from the trunk of a car. When the car leaves, you are alone and the phone doesn't work, but every now and then someone gets a good phone. This person recommends the trunk. Familiar?

• Si
      8th of Apr, 2012

Hi there, i have boost mobile service.And really, compare to my personal carrier, they don't stand a chance.i will suggest instead of calling every month to complaint, let's all but nex tel units from mexico.Let's see if that solve the problem.Cause that's the answer i get every time i call boost mobile."You live too close to the border, and the signals of antennas interfere with each other"my question is:I live in america, who cares what happen with mexican antennas, i am not paying for them, i am paying for my american service.tried time and time and again, looks like they can not solve their problems.I just hope the someone out there could read this and take some actions.