boost / Rip Off

1 Cedar Springs, MI, United States Review updated:

As seniors we are on a fixed income. We use the cell for emergencies. When we purchased it we were told we needed to put money on it every 3 months. Our left over time/money would be added. We forgot over the holiday weekend and were 48 hours past the 3 month period when we called. They took the $33 we already had accumulated and NO ONE could or would give it back. We were never told we would lose our money if we were over the 3 month peroid. In fact, we were told that after a grace period we would have to change our phone #. That was it. I am adding their name to the list og greedy companies in the USA. I suppose BOOST needs our $33 more than the oil company that charges $3 a gallon for propane to heat our house.

Su

Comments

14th of Jun, 2008
    boost - time for phones and phone numbers

I do not appreciate that just because i was late renewing the time on my boost phone, you screw me over and give my phone number to another person. That is illegal. the phone numbers are registered under a person's name and you have no right in giving it to someone else. You have lost a customer.

• Ro
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I would never reccommend Boost mobile to anyone. They use deceptive advertisement. I was late in paying my bill by three weeks and payed the service fee on the 25th of the month and my services were restored thus avoiding losing my number which happens after 30 days of interrupted service. They took my money but turned my service off after 5 days telling me I had to pay for another month because my payement date is on the 2nd of each month. In other words they want to be paid for a service they did not provide. I know they are in business to make money but at least provide a service for payment. shame on you Boost mobile.
    Tell a friend to stay away from boost. What a rip off.

7th of Nov, 2008

Something similar to what Rodney explained, also happened to me. After spending 15 minutes with a very patience person he explained that since I was on a subscription plan; I needed to cover payment whether or not I had used the phone -similar to what happens with your home phone; you pay even if you were out of town for 3 weeks-.
    Overall I do see their point and think is not flexible but fair; since you get a better deal than using the pay as you go plan.
    I recommended that they create something that allows you paying late and then restart counting from the date you made your last payment. That would be a cool thing .. Hope they listen!

• Kr
      25th of May, 2009

I CAN'T SEND PICS I KEEP GETTING TRANSPORT ERRORS

• 8u
      3rd of Aug, 2011
    boost - Early Turn-off Bill Paid On Time
    Boost

I have been a Boost customer for 3 years. The past 6 months I have had the most difficulty with getting through to a customer service rep to speak with them about my account issues. Since I began the “shrinkage” program, I paid every month on time. The problem began for my June 2011 bill. I received a text message telling me my monthly bill would be due on 06/30/2011. I received a text message from Boost dated 06/30/2011 saying “thank you for your payment”. On the morning of 06/30/2011, my phone was turned off. I had planned on making my payment during lunch online. What is the deal with them????

Not only can I not get a rep on the phone but when I do most of them do not speak very good english at all. I cannot understand them and they cannot understand me. Do they realize that “Payment due date is ______” THIS IS THE LAST DAY you can pay your bill and it not be turned off??? This not fair. Does anybody know who we can write to or call about this??