Boomertowne.com / non payment

1 WI, United States Review updated:

I too was left holding the bag when Boomertowne.com skipped out on thousands of loyal users, shutting the site down virtually overnight without warning. I have been in contact with hundreds of members (I had connections with them from other sites) and other than a few "token" rewards, cards had not been sent since May 2008. Many of us have also filed complaints with the BBB of Wisconsin and talk is that law enforcement are looking at Mr Hershel and his site for blatant fraud and misrepresentation amongst other charges. Boomertowne.com should be made an example of so others are not scammed by new "win big" sites coming down the pike. What they did was inexcusable!

Sj

Comments

• Be
      8th of Oct, 2008

Was owed over $600 in gift cards from May, 2008, when boomertowne closed down.

• Ke
      30th of Oct, 2008

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with Boomertowne. I was surprised to hear that they are gone. They were an interesting site.

If you're looking for a "non-corporate" Boomer+ website, may I suggest checking out our webiste - 55-Alive! ?

55-Alive! is founded on the belief that those over 50 aren’t “boomers”, “seniors” or any other age-defined group; rather our members define themselves as teachers, swimmers, photographers, volunteers, and in many other ways.

Membership is free, and members can create blogs, join Team 55-Alive!, upload pictures - even join the 55-Alive Romance! dating section (which also is free.

Want to get involved? We're always looking for those who would like to contribute articles, or who wish to start or moderate a group. Please feel free to contact me at Kelly@55-Alive.com.

• En
      3rd of Nov, 2008

More Here -

14th of Dec, 2008

I was going 2 use the Visa cards for my son and daughters Christmas Gifts which would have been 2 Cards at 250.00 per card. So now since you are a crook my children will not be getting anything for Christmas. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR RUINING MY CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS!!!

• Ho
      7th of Jul, 2009

Boomertowne sounds like another WebRidesTV site.

• Ho
      17th of Aug, 2009

i was cheated out of a $50.00 gift card from july of 2008. i never received it . i was told i would receive it in 8 weeks and then they closed down and i got nothing. it was a big scam and i am very disappointed. housewife5001@inbox.com