Booksarefun.com / Terrible experience!

WA, United States Review updated:

I was given this as a gift, a stocking stuffer, by my grandmother and she does not keep her reciepts so there is no returning it. On first glance, the unit is nice and appears to be well designed. When you load the software onto your computer and use it, everything appears to be fine. you can view and delete the 3 sample pictures in the unit but when you go to load the device, or read the info on it, you get one of 2 error codes. for loading you get "Failed to issue command to device' and for reading, the program simply crashes and shuts down. I went to WWW.booksarefun.com the manufacturers of this unit and there is no mention of the unit or support for it on their site. I have googled the problem and found this site which has many other unhappy users http://www.fixya.com/support/t319281-innovage_digital_photo_keychain I hope the company gets it's S_ _ T together and fixes this problem and gets back to me. I rate the device as "Blows Goats" almost the lowest rating I can give a piece of electronic equipment.

Comments

St
  3rd of Jan, 2008
I have the same trouble... piece of cheap junk... i should of known better than to buy a no named item from these people... do they actually test the items they sell??? I doubt it very much... maybe they should stick to selling books...
De
  11th of Oct, 2008
I bought a bank that counts money...should be simple . Not so you couldn't get the screw out to put the batteries in. this is a mess the child is standing there and you can't even get the batteries in. You have got to do better!
St
  4th of Feb, 2009
I have had nothing but great experiences with Books Are Fun and I have been ordering things from them for over 2 years. Based on how much we sell - they give us free books that we donate to charity (I work for a school system).
Tw
  27th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you have any issues, just return it to your books are fun rep. Mine has no trouble replacing faulty material, which seldom happens, but occassionally does as happens with things you even get from Wal Mart. Just tell granny to return it to the representative... they do not issue receipts, so that's not excuse. I hope you are refering to the books are fun people that come into businesses and set up displays and not that lame website on the internet, as they are not connected to the books are fun company.
Bo
  5th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Please be advised, Books Are Fun has gone through major changes since December 2008. First, the orginal owners now have Books Are Fun and are fully committed to providing the best customer service available. You do not need a receipt in order to gain a refund or replacement ( as normally receipts are not given) . Many of our items are exclusive to us so we will certainly know where you had purchased them, but any information you can give is always beneficial.

Books Are Fun now has a comprehensive website BooksAreFun.com where you can search within an FAQ section in order to find an answer to your question. You can even find the rep nearest you if you need a refund or if you wish to buy more of a particular item.

Books Are Fun also has a Corporate Book Fair blog BookFairsAreFun.com and a School blog BlogsAreFun.com where you can voice your opinions and become an important voice in our company.

Please visit our websites to gain the information you need. We are commited to helping you, our valued customer with any issue you may have.

Kind Regards,