Bookmetickets / ticketscam

1 Bournemouth, England, Dorset, United Kingdom Review updated:

I 'bought' 2 tickets to see Il Divo at 02 arena on 27th February 2009 from bookmetickets for the total price of £154.30. I paid by credit card on Saturday 15th November 2008. These tickets have not arrived and I lhave had no reply from the company. I have sent them 3 emails. Having discovered that there is no phone number I tried to find out more and have discovered that other people have not had tickets delivered either.
I cannot remember how I came to use bookmetickets but presume it must have been from the Il Divo site as I don't normally use the internet and itwould have to have had an obvious link.

Comments

• El
      27th of Mar, 2009

This company or so called company is a scam
    i paid for 2 pink tickets for secc glasgow then read reports about this site i was furious when the reports i read were recommending people not to use them.
    I also tried to book t in the park tickets but gave them the wrong card number to see if they would contact me which they did ive now got a mobile number for them if it would be any use for you but i doubt it as they seem to be a very weary. I did get an email telling me it was there supplier who had let them down but i dont believe this for a minute. I paid my tickets through my visa card and on my email it told me i would have to go through my card company to recieve my money back as they dont deal with British Banks so if anyone pays with debit or switch they will have a fight on there hands to recieve there money back as with credit cards you are insured .
    I really think something should be done to get this website shut down as if i go onto get pink tickets just now you can get them no problem they are happy to take your details but they know that there is no tickets.

4th of Apr, 2009

These complaints are worrying i booked three tickets to see the pet shop boys in June, has anybody actually received the tickets they've ordered?

• St
      20th of Apr, 2009

In November 2008 I booked two tickets to see Pink in Birminham on 16 April. Two weeks before the show I got an email saying their supplier had let them down, etc. They take the money in Hungarian currency but work from a USA office. I didn't discover that there are endless list of complaints that Bookmetickets is a scam site until after |I received their email. At least I'm protected by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. The site is still active and probaby scamming away! It doesn't seem right that Bookmetickets can even exist regardless of gettig away with it.

• Sw
      4th of Jun, 2009

I have just had the same thing happen to me with Take That tickets for 23rd June, the email actually went into my spam so could have gone undetected. Elaine if you read this and still have mobile number I would really appreciate it. Has everyone got there money back ok?

• Li
      5th of Jun, 2009

It seems I have just been 'done' aswell. I bought tickets to see Britney Spears at the o2 arena tomorrow, having sent numerous e-mails to their web site, with no reply, my daugher found your complaints page which confirmed my worst fears. I have just received a phone call from them, saying there was a problem with their ticket supplier and so no tickets were available for tomorrow, but I could have some for Sunday! which was not of use to me, as train and hotel had already been booked. They offered a refund, whith details supposed to be sent by e-mail, not yet received. I asked for a name and was told Jilly, but when I asked for a phone number the phone was put down on me, when I checked the number that I was called on, it was unavailable - what a surprise!
    lizbuff

11th of Jun, 2009

My friend and i have also just been conned by this 'company' we were due to see Take that in Cardiff on Tuesday 16th June however we recieved the same e-mail saying that they had been let down by their suppliers, i then did some research into these scammers via the internet and also contacted trading standards who have reported them to the various authorities, however they said there was little chance of us reclaiming our money and that they could not advise us on what legal steps we could take as its a american company but i have been given a web address in america that will investigate them which i fully intend to do. i really dont want anybody else to get ripped off by these people and will do all i can to stop them, all of us that have been conned need to register our complaints the more the better so perhaps the authorities will get them shut down.
    Martin

14th of Jun, 2009

I gave my 9 year old, as a birthday presente, tickets for the jonas brothers concert in london on monday the 15th june, today is the 14th june and no tickets, my daughter didn't deserve this.

18th of Jun, 2009

Hi all,
    Im a book me tickets sucess story, i was only over charged by £5 and my tickets arrived this morning the day of the gig.
    Unfortunately i'd read all the bad press about the company and had bought tickets elsewhere now im the proud owner of 7 tickets for the gig costing me over £200 in total great ah?

• 10
      5th of Jul, 2009

bookmetickets.com r the best at robin folk they r pretty good so i c im waiting on 2 titp tickets somthin tells me im bumped

• Si
      8th of Jul, 2009

I have had the same experience as jangrey and ordered more tickets from Ticketmaster after BMT failed to answer 3 emails and I felt I'd passed the time when the tickets should have come. I then got a phone call 2 days before the concert from BMT to arrange a courier delivery of the tickets I'd originally ordered. I'm still not happy with them as they took more from my account than the amount specified and the transaction took place in Hungarian Forints. They were really cool when I challenged them on the phone and said that the fact that they were ringing me proved that they are legitimate. I have yet to see whether tickets really do turn up and whether they are 'real' or not. I guess they have to service a certain no. of clients but I certainly wouldn't use them again.

• Si
      9th of Jul, 2009

As an addendum to the above, the tickets did arrive as promised but they have someone else's name on them, so Jane Wyatt, if you didn't get yours I have them.