Bookkeeping / Bad Business

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Meeting Angele initially was a pleasure, she has a very pleasant demeanor and conducts herself well.
In March, 2015, We hired her to do exactly what her company title indicates. All our financials were in envelopes by month, categorized in the way shoeboxes are.

She arrived at my doorstep with my tax returns in hand and also had emailed the paperwork. An immediate request for the other 50% owed to her for her services was requested before releasing everything that is mine back to me. ( sort of blackmail tactics i would say), I gladly paid her, thanked her for her help, but she did not have time to show me the QuickBooks and said she would return on a later date. Once she left and I went over the paperwork, she failed to finish the job. My 2014 Personal Taxes were not done. She did file my 2013 business and personal taxes. She did complete my 2014 Business taxes did NOT file them. .and failed to do my 2014 personal taxes . We are now into JULY 2015, and Angele does not respond to any emails sent to her. It appears that once she is paid, she no longer wishes to maintain a business relationship.

Angele is on FaceBook and twitter daily, posting her trivial nonsense but does not have the courtesy or business savvy to take care of business first and her clients. She presents herself as a Social Media Genius, but in reality being so self absorbed is damaging her credibility. She claims to "Speak Human" which is so far from the truth.

In the meantime, i have Revenue Canada calling me . My wife and i have both tried to contact Angele in numerous occasions, to "Speak Human" with her, and we have finally found her phone number on a site ( a slip up on her part) and her address on another site.

Finding her co-ordinates has allowed us to file a complaint to Small Claims Court. We are proceeding with sueing Angel Lafond for all money owed back.

The outcome will be told on this site.

Updated by Mariposagringa, Jun 18, 2017

Hello, we have not been able to stop her, I'm so sorry this happened to you too, we tried to get a group together to stop her somehow so no one else would get hurt or become a victim of her fraudulant ways. you are welcome to call me 613-797-7952 . I still feel she needs to be stopped. Gina

Jul 21, 2015

Comments

Sa
  3rd of Apr, 2017

Please get in touch with me ASAP, I am another victim of this company. Sarah 613-355-4889

4th of Apr, 2017

@Sarah Kidder HI Sarah, would love to speak with you, we can call you in the evening after work hours.
We unfortunately have not been able to "serve her" . she has moved and we can not find her, all we know is she lives in Riverside South. (Which she bragged about on FB), By the time we tried to serve her court papers, she had moved and the Post Office refuses to give us the forwarding address. Are you available to chat tomorrow night, Wed. April 5?

5th of Apr, 2017

@Mariposagringa @mariposagringa Sorry, I missed your call earlier. Can we chat tomorrow around 7:30pm? I'm seeing a lawyer tomorrow afternoon, so will hopefully have some information to share with you.

6th of Apr, 2017

@Sarah Kidder sure thing, we will call you again
Gina & Kevin

6th of Apr, 2017

@Mariposagringa Sounds great! I am in a class until 7:00 so will be free from about 7:15 on . Thanks!

6th of Apr, 2017

@Sarah Kidder ok willl call you, in the meantime check this complaint as well /link removed/

Kr
  6th of Apr, 2017

Good luck with your lawsuit.. I hope u win this case. This situation has happened to me as well with a different company. (It was an attorney's office) I sued the for my money back and reported the to the FL bar association. I recommend u do the same with the association for accountants. I received some of my money back frm them and they got in trouble with the BAR. Wish u the best :)

Ge
  15th of Jun, 2017

I'm also a recent victim of Angele. It has been a total nightmare and at this point I would be happy to just get everything back so I can have someone else take care of it.