Bookit.com / fraud

Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

Why is this company still around? They argued with me over a $15 dollar discount, putting me on hold and telling me there was nothing they could do for even thought the previous rep told me it would be no problem. The next day I receive an email from the guy who said he was wrong and apologetic for talking to me the way he did. So great, i'm off on my vacation with my $15 discount back in hand, this is going to be a blast!... Wrong - I arrive to check in at the hotel (Which seems to be completely desolate). The guy at the desk demands my credit card because bookit.com "did not pay them". He runs my card after I was already charged in full by bookit.com. He gives me an explanation that this is only a hold until they clear it up with bookit. I wish I left then! Keep my money as long as I dont stay at this place. There were no open services at the hotel, I never saw a single person staying there, when I wake up the fist morning I notice something crawling in the sink.. After I discovered the first cockroach I saw them everywhere. After dealing with bookit.com I can see that this hotel is a perfect fit for their shoddy standards. I have been trying for a week now to get bookit to issue a refund. They have acknowledged several times that my refund is valid but no one calls back or returns emails. I am waiting on hold right now and nothing. I will say that the representative I am on with is very friendly and understanding of my situation, other then that this is a very scary company to give your credit card number to. Bookit.com is supposed to give their method of payment to a hotel instead of releasing your personal information to them. This very suspect guy at the hotel in mexico now has all my personal information and card number. I now have to close the account with my bank, only adding to the absolute worst experience I have ever had a with a third party booking company. Beware of bookit! Please dont let this happen to you...

Ma
Apr 24, 2013

Comments

• Av
      Apr 25, 2013

They have the worse customer service I have ever experienced!! Can't believe they are even still in business. Once they get your money, try talking with someone to modify your reservation or change/correct anything. The wait times start at 30 minutes. This past weekend I spent 2 hours on hold and then another 30 minutes after speaking with a customer service rep. Then after another 2 hours after I had been assured the problem was resolved, discovered it had not been resolved. It was only after I sent a message threatening to post of Facebook and Twitter about the poor customer service did the problem get resolve.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!! IT'S NOT WORTH THE BOTHER FOR ANY "BARGAIN" OR "DISCOUNT" THEY OFFER