Bookit.comdeceptive pricing

The vacation package I purchased specifically said the first checked bag was "free" as was a carry-on bag. Unfortunately, the airline's policy had changed 6 months prior to my purchase of the ticket and I was unpleasantly surprised to have the airline charge me $25 each way for checking a bag. Bookit.com accepted no responsibility for their deception.

Fo
Jan 02, 2015

Comments

• Be
      Aug 26, 2008
    Bookit.com - RIP OFF

IF YOUR SMART... YOU WOULD NOT BOOK THROUGH BOOKIT.COM. THEY DO NOTHING BUT CHEAT PEOPLE AND THEY DO NOT PRACTICE GOOD AND PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS. MESSAGE ME FOR INFO. DO NOT BOOKIT WITH BOOKIT..

Mar 27, 2009

This company ruined our family vacation to Mexico. We had two rooms booked at the Moon Palace and when we arrived at the airport, our transfers were not paid for, so we paid for that. Then once we get to the resort, they say that they have no reservation for us. So I call Bookit and they say that it must be a mistake, but still the resort refuses to give us our two rooms. So we had to pay for our rooms there, which was very expensive. Now I am fighting with Bookit to get my money back. This company is so unprofessional and has basically taken no responsibility for this mistake. I see that a lot of other people are complaining about this company. Take my advice, book with someone else, it's not worth taking the chance with this company. STAY AWAY FROM BOOK IT
    BOOKIT.COM took our money and now we are fighting to get it back

• Ga
      Jul 13, 2009

We also booked through bookit.com to Miami Beach. We arrived at a so called 3.5 star hotel which was borderline dump. We booked off the pictures on bookit's website and was told those pictures are generic pictures from other hotels. No pool no resturant nothing that was advertized. We had booked 2 nights and was expecting somewhere off street to park. Just the opposite. Had to park on the street or 3 blocks down and pay 65.00. Our room was over the street and hotel is on one of Miami's Beach busiest streets Collins ave. Didn't please all night. Called bookit and spoke to a supervisor who was sorry and was going to refund our money. As of today still no refund. Stay clear of this company and check all the negative comments about them on other websites.

Feb 11, 2010
    Bookit.com - customer service SUCKS!
    bookit.com

Booked vacation through their web site, when I tried to call them to modify my flights I couldn't get anyone on the phone! I tried 6 times and was on hold for a total of 4 hours without speaking to a single person!!!

THEY SUCK HARD!

• Bu
      Apr 23, 2010

foxy23, just stop posting you are/were an employee:

• Sh
      May 05, 2010
    Bookit.com - Bad Service
    BookIt.com

DO NOT use BookIt.com. I booked a vacation and needed to cancel and reschedule for a different destination. After several days of phone calls and an email I have still not got any help with this matter. Very poor customer service!

•   May 06, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments, but we do have agents who specialize in cancelling and rebooking your vacation. If the situation is complicated, we then have our Resolutions Department to assist.

At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. If you would kindly send your contact information and concerns to [protected]@bookit.com one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you.

Sincerely,
    Sonya
    BookIt.com®

• Bu
      Dec 21, 2010
    Bookit.com - No complaint here
    Bookit.com

We had absolutely no problems with Bookit.com when we took a trip to an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, Domenican Republic. We were newbies at traveling out of the country, but everything from the airline e-tickets, to ground transportation, to resort reservations were taken care of. The worst thing about the trip was we did not get to sit together on the plane, but even that gave us a break from each other.

• Ve
      Aug 18, 2011

Well you were one in a million DO U WANT TO TAKE THAT CHANCE !!!

• Sp
      Apr 15, 2012
    Bookit.com - Never will I use or recommend them again
    Bookit.com
    bookit.com

NEVER WILL I USE BOOKIT.COM OR WOULD I RECOMMEND THEM! Long story short, we clicked submit for our honeymoon at $X amount to be charged to our card. After clicking the submit our receipt loaded with x(+$500) and it was because we were 3 minutes late pushing submit and the sale had ended. Called the rep the second we found out and and they didn't want to work with us one bit. So we got a refund and found it cheaper at Expedia.com.

• Kk
      Aug 29, 2012
    Bookit.com - Customer Sevice
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

If you do business with this company you WILL REGRET IT. They can't get ANYTHING right, and they don't care if they do or not. Over 25% of their reviews are major complaints...let that be a hint to the wise!!!

• Su
      Sep 19, 2012

Recently I had gone on the trip I had booked in 02/12, they sent a confirmation with American Airlines when in fact I found out the day before the flight on 09/17/12, it was the wrong airline that it was Alaska Airline. Got to destination to pickup a rental car only to find out after 2 1/2 hrs that our reservation for a rental car had been used in 04/12 by a gentleman in Florida. Alamo had no reservation for us. Fortunately, the hotel reservation was right. The hotel also warned me to never again use bookit.com as they too had problems with the company. Was told at airport that was going to get a credit back on rental car found out after I got home from the trip that didn't happen. Had to call them and get it taken care of again.

• G2
      Jan 30, 2015

CROOKIT AKA. BOOKIT are nothing but deceptive crooks. Priced out a 2 week trip from Canada to Puerto Vallarta at Crookit and they came back with a price of $7040. Same exact trip through Redtag was only $1994. BUYER BEWARE!

• Ju
      Mar 06, 2015
    Bookit.com - Changed my flight
    Panama City
    BOOKIT.COM

Do not use bookit. It shows a good price and you book then they change it and try to get you to pay a fee to change it back! They are con artists! Do not use them!!!

• Ca
      May 23, 2016

[protected] -
    Need a reimbursement of 40.00 plus half of the 16.25 fee pd on 4/17/2016
    - I have forwarded the 40.00 receipt to [protected]@bookit.com

we called the night before departure and was assured that driver would be there the next morning by 9:30am - we waited till 10:30am and the hotel staff made numerous calls - no one showed up.

csj