Bookinhotels.com / Took our money but cancelled our two hotel vouchers

1 SE Review updated:

We booked two hotels in Sardinia (we made the bookings on 14 July and 22 July) through Book in Hotels.com. Before we went to Sardinia the 5 August we checked our VISA account and found that they took the money immediately the 14 and 22 July. When we got to the first hotel, they said that the room was cancelled and showed us a fax from a company called TRAVCO. It was TRAVCO who cancelled our room 31 July because they didn't get any money from Book in Hotels. The same story at the other hotel but in this case it was Gullivers Travel that made the cancellation 4 August. We who booked the hotelroom didn't get any information about the cancellation.

We have now tried to contacted Book in Hotels and are waiting for an answer. We have also contacted both TRAVCO and Gullivers.

We just want to warn people for this company with this complaint.

Comments

• St
      Aug 16, 2009

Just had same problem with a hotel in dusseldorf through bookin.com, in this case cancelled by a company called miki travel. Cant get an answer from either company despite calling several different phone numbers.

Aug 17, 2009

I also booked a hotel room in Berlin for the 14th to the 16th of August by bookinhotels.com. I payed for the room 2 1/2 weeks ago. When we came to the hotel this Friday, the hotel told us they have got an annulation from the agency 2 weeks ago because they did not get the money from Bookinhotels.com. So we had to pay again to the hotel, and even a higher price. So we have tried to contact Bookinhotels many times but haven't got an answer. But we want our money back! This is also a warning to others! Do not use Bookinhotels.com if they threet us.
    An angry person from Denmark...

• In
      Aug 19, 2009

I have just about the same story to tell. We booked a room in Vienna at 26th of June and we paid by credit card for 8 nights. When we arrived to the hotel they say that the room was cancelled by Special Tours Wholesalers in Athens, just a week before we arrived. The hotel manager tryed to come in contact with the bookinhotels, but could only find a young girl who "didn't know anything". He also got a fax from the travel agency in Athens, saying that the cancellation was made because of economical problems at bookinhotels. Of course we had to pay the room once again.
    We have now started an investigation about the company, with help from the bank and from a lawyer. And since I am a journalist I also will use my contacts in media to warn others from booking with this company. We demand our money back and we are not giving up. DON'T BOOK ANY ROOMS WITH BOOKINHOTELS!!
    Ingabritt in Greece

• Pe
      Aug 20, 2009

I had booked a hotel room in Reykjavik for two nights 15-17.8 already in the beginning of June. I paid for it by Visa. When arriving there last Saturday the hotel told us that the room had been cancelled. I got a copy of a fax and the cancellation had been done by Miki Travels based in England.

Fortunately the hotel wasn't fully booked, so we got a room for about 50 % more than I already had paid to bookinhotels. So the final price was 250% of what bookinhotels originally offered me.

Does anybody have good suggestions or experience how to get money back?

Erik from Finland

• Ha
      Oct 05, 2009

WARNING
    WE DID NOT GET OUR MONEY BACK FROM BOOKING A HOTEL IN SCOTLAND, SEPT 2009

• Ti
      Oct 13, 2009

That's the e-mail I've send them... It's been more than 100 days without my refund!!!

june 25th
    Good Mourning,
    I've just came back from Marrakesh last monday! I'm really upset,
    because I've traveled for a Congress with my wife and take the
    opportunity to have a honey moon that we never have. As your webpage
    told, my reservation has been confirmed!
    I’ve already read about some problems that a few customers had with
    www.bookinhotels.com, but some people had a good experience. Well,
    I’ve decide to try! Let’s give them a chance.
    But, when I got to Ryad Mogador Menara Hotel on June 16th for our
    check in. They told me my reservation has been canceled by GTA on June
    13th ! After trying for more than 4 hours to reach you by your website
    (was been updated), and calling your telephones US Phone: +1 212 202
    6710 and UK Phone: +[protected] (but it wasn't answer)! So I've
    decided to pay again for another hotel!
    I was really angry with bookinhotels, GTA, Menara Hotel… but the good
    thing is that I’ve also recommended two friends ( Newton Viana Jr and
    Rossana Beck) to use bookinhotels and stay with us at Menara hotel,
    happily for they, everything went right and they enjoyed a lot their
    trip. I was really glad that nothing went wrong specially with
    Rossana, because she’s a single women in a Islamic country that had
    her luggage lost in Casablanca Airport!!! That makes me think that
    problems may happen to everybody. But I’m still thinking when I’ll be
    refund for my additional expenses U$ 451, 70 plus all the stress that
    I’ve been through. I’ve just ask you to make it fast, because my hotel
    was already paid so I would not have any budget’s problems! Right now
    I’m worried about my credit card bill!
    I’ll be waiting some news.
    T. F. D.

DONT BOOK WITH BOKINHOTELS !!!
    Tiago from Brazil