Bookinhotels.com / Company failed to honour its promise to refund the room fees after the booking was cancelled

I made a booking with bookinhotels.com which requires cancellations to be made 3 days before the 1st day of stay.
I then sent an email one week before the due date to change my booking as I was delayed by one day. I got a reply saying that a refund will be credited to my credit card account. When I arrived at the hotel I was told the same thing and I paid for the room again.
It is now more than weeks and the company still has not paid up. I sent 5 emails and received responses to all of them and the response is always the same:
"Our accounting department will be sending you the refund"

A  16th of Apr, 2009 by
i have been waiting for a refund the first e-mail said it would take 3 weeks now been waiting 5 weeks the last e-mail said it could take up to 2 months for a refund,
funny thing the payment to them went out of my account the day after booking.
i work in accounts and transfer all over the world in minutes i smell arat here
A  19th of Apr, 2009 by
I booked 4 nights at a hotel in santiago Chile in July 2008. The booking was for March 9-16 2009.
Beginning of the year my mother-in-law took ill and I had to cancel the booking (January 4, 2009.
After numerous e-mails I was promised the accounting department would credit my credit card.
It's now April 19th 2009 and I am still waiting.
Somethings NOT right here. I smell a ripe-off . I think my $428 USD is lost.
Anyone else having problems with book-in-hotels.com?????
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by

Bookinhotels.com is a company that lies and betrays - it takes your money and you'll never get it back when making a cancelation on time! NEVER EVER make a booking with them!!
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
i have been waiting nearly 3 months for my refund, i have 7 children and cannot afford to lose this money, has anyone had a refund from this company?
N  6th of Jun, 2009 by
I booked a room (16.05.2009) in Florence, at Grand Baglioni
Hotel, through bookinhotels.com. I recived instant confirmation
and the voucher for the room. The money have been instant
withdrawn from my credit card. After two days (18.05.2009) I
recived two mails. The first one was from
serkan.canim@bookinhotels.com, who says that they are not able to
confirm my booking for Grand Baglioni Hotel as the agreement
beween their supplier and the hotel has ended.
The second mail, from NO-REPLAY@bookinhotels.com, announced me
the cancellation of my reservation and say: "Please note that
refunds are made in the form of a credit to your card account.
(...) Once the refunded amount leaves our company account, it may
take up to two months time for the proceeds to appear back in
your account."
So I wrote to Mr Serkan Canim asking him to explain to me how it
is possible to take two months to get my money back, but I never
received an answer.Later, I saw on the internet that a lot of
people were deceived in the same way. Many of them have never
received any money back.

Take a look here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__ShowTopic__2D__g187497__2D__i44__2D__k2482738__2D__Bookinhotel_com__2D__Barcelona_Catalonia__2E__html&q=bookinhotels.com&geo=187497

I think that all those who have been deceived should unite and
file complaints against Bookinhotels.com to no longer be deceived
other peoples and Bookinhotels.com no longer obtain money by
deception and fraud.

Complaints can be made to
N  29th of Jun, 2009 by
Dear Client;

Let us first apologise for the inconvenience we have caused and I assure you that we have taken your comment very seriously and corrective actions have already been initiated.
I have invesigated and found your account in our system and the refund problem occured because of a period of a technical failure in our system.
Finally your refund has been made, please check your account.
We hope to welcome you again very soon
Dear Olivia;
Greetings from Bookinhotels.com
We are so sorry for the inconvenience ; because of the technical failure in our system, we couldn't reach your reservation details, hereat we haven't been made your refund yet. Could you please clarify your booking Id starting with BKH so that we can set your refund promptly.
We hope you will come back to us again.
Best Regards
Dear Jonty;

Thank you for letting us know about your issue.
We understand you and from now on, we would like to do our best for your satisfaction.
In order to sort out your exact issue, please send us your booking details so that we reach your reservation history and make your refund.

We want you to know that we are terribly sorry for the displeasure.
Thanks and kind regards.
Dear Rmccole;

We are extremely sorry for your dissapointment. We have investigated your reservation history as per information you mentioned above, but we couldn't find anything. Please clarify and send us all booking history, so that we will compensate our false service for you.Due to the our technical problems we had trouble reaching and making your refund in a timely manner.
Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

Dear Adler56,

Let me first introduce you Bookinhotels.com shortly
Bookinhotels.com is a forward-looking company involved in providing on-line accommodation services. It was first established in 2000 with many leading hotels.Our company is one of the distinguished on-line reservation companies. We are committed to get the market leadership.So, we are aware of our responsibilities for our guests, so we if we are wrong, we try to compensate our false.
Let me assure you that this is not the impression that the majority of our guests carry back with them. Although your comment about Bookinhotels.com has made us upset, we can feel your dissapointment.
If you send us your reservation details we'll sort out your issue immediately.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your kind understanding
Dear Kim,

Greetings from Bookinhotels.com
Please accept our apologise that you didn't get the refund yet. Because of the technical failure of our system those days, we could hardly reach the booking details for all guests.
The most important thing for us, to ensure absolute customer satisfaction. So please send your reservation details that we'll make your refund promptly.
We are horribly sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks and Best Regards
A  7th of Jul, 2009 by
Bookinhotels.com is very bad and liar
D  9th of Jul, 2009 by
We have just returned from a holiday in Nice and booked the hotel through Bookinhotels.com. (booked in June travelled July)
Everything was great. It was a fantastic hotel ****
They were cheaper by miles than any other booking agency we printed off our booking voucher and presented it as normal at reception
All had been booked / paid by the company as arranged .
Thanks very much Bookinhotels.com !!!
A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
I am still waiting for a refund of my approx. 800 EUR from bookinhotels.com. Was too stupid to find the comments of other users that had the same experience as I am now going through. It is virtually impossible to get through to them to get a confirmation for a cancellation, then they say it will take days, then weeks, then months. Even their mail template already contains the necessary text blocks. Unbelievable!

Will now talk to Mastercard for them to accept this case as a case of fraud. Will recommend them to block any money transfer to this organisation.
N  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I booked a room in june and they told me they were charging the ammount of money on my bank account inmediately... i was surprise so it was possible to cancel without penalty even 3 days before arriving. After asking about the charge... they inmediately cancelled my booking without asking but still charged the amount of money on my bank account... i have been asking for a refund for more than 1 month but i still haven't got nothing only emails saying they are refunding the money shortly but... i am still waiting... What can i do?
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
I've made a booking via Bookinginhotels.com website on June 15, 2009, after 2 days I've cancelled my booking by Email and asked to returm my money back. Today is July 16, still no money and I cannot reach them also by phone. What to do?

Toronto, Canada
A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
I work away from home, so I used bookinhotels.com for all hotel bookings but when I checked in a London hotel 9pm on 20.07.2009, I found out that my booking was cancelled on the same day 4pm. I tried to contact the company via the phone but I couldn’t get through. I have been reading the above Complaints and am getting worried with this company.
I paid all my bookings by Visa card and I will try to get money back from the visa card company instead.
D  24th of Jul, 2009 by
Got the same problem as many people here. I booked a room to travel TOMORROW with my 1.5years old baby in Munich. Just received an email saying that my reservation has been canceled, while I did not ask anything!
Now, I have my train tickets, I am going to travel and I don't have any room yet, everything is fully booked or amazingly expensive, I booked my rooms 2 months in advance precisely to avoid this kind of situation.
Bookinhotels is unreliable, don't ever give any money to them, such companies have to go bankrupt...
D  25th of Jul, 2009 by
I have been complaining for nearly two months because I booked a room and immediately after charging the amount of money on my bank account you cancelled the reservation. I need that money and I Want it back... (313.10€) you always say I will get the money in a couple of days on my bank account but days go by and I still haven't seen a single euro on my bank account.
N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
I booked a one night stay at the Malmaison hotel in Edinburgh via bookinhotels.com I prepaid and the money was taken from my credit card. When I arrived at the hotel after driving 200 miles, I was informed that a fax had been received by the hotel the previous day from JAC Travel cancelling my booking. I had no knowledge of this but I shown the fax by the hotel which said that bookinhotels.com had gone into liquidation and could not honour the booking.
What was worse, the hotel had already sold my room and was now fully booked so I had nowhere to stay. The receptionist was most helpful and eventually found me another room in another ( not so convenient and very expensive hotel) I have worked out that I am over £170 out of pocket but am pursueing a claim via my credit card company.
My advice would be---don't take the risk of booking with this company and lodge your complaint with T.V's Watchdog