[Resolved] Booking.com / overcharged

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I went through booking.com to make reservations at a local well known hotel. the room I requested for my son and his new bride on there wedding night, was a room with a fireplace, view of the water and a KING size bed. I paid $269.00 for this room.
After a day had passed I called my son to see how the room was. He said it was very nice but that the room came with 2 double beds. (They could have stayed home and had a queen size bed.) I called the hotel and they said that was what booking.com ordered. I then called booking.com and they told me that I ordered 2 doubles. When I looked at the price list, the double beds should have on only cost. $189.00 per night.. I specifically asked for a king size bed knowing it would cost more. It's over and done now but at least booking.com could do is refund the difference it the price of the room. They told me they would look into it and over a month later I still haven't heard from booking.com.

• Resolution statement

• Booking.com Customer Care's Response, May 15, 2013

Hi Hoffmaster,
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience booking with us. I have located your reservation and see that the Waterfront Guestroom was reserved and a king bed was requested. All requests are only guaranteed once confirmed by the property as stated on our webpage. I will be contacting you directly by phone to discuss this matter further.

Regards,
    Troy
    Booking.com Team

Ho
May 15, 2013

Comments

• Ar
      29th of Jan, 2015

I used Booking.com to make a reservation at Best Western Airport Inn Phoenix in Phoenix AZ. It was one night reservation for $109.99 plus Taxes. Got the confirmation and all was set. Next day at the check-out I was informed that my stay was for three nights not one and that I was charged for three nights. My confirmation from Booking.com shows one room for one night. Hotel Rep said that they would fix it within two to three weeks. I used my Debit Card so the funds are gone till they post a refund.
    I have used Booking.com many times before without any issues. I guess this is the last time.