booking.com / charged and then booking canceled

5300 Fairfield Lake Dr,
Phone: 4073971600
We booked to stay at the above resort for 7 nights, at the time of making the booking our card was charged for 6 nights. We later received an email informing us that the booking had been canceled as our card details were incorrect. Two weeks after our funds were stil not refunded and we were stranded in orlando with 2 young kids and no accomodation. When we contacted them they stated that we had insufficient funds in our account, they were not aware that they had charged our card. We have recieved no apology, and they have now refunded less money then they original charged.

N  15th of Aug, 2009 by
Did book a Hotel in sunny beach Bulgaria (Dune residence)

The hotel description showing a Fake Drawing(hotel picture) on a 4 star hotel with pool and direct access to the beach.

When check in it show the hotel are just a condotel and a annex to a Hugh overcrowded charter hotel(burgas beach hotel).
The "Dune" have absolutely no amenity's and are 300 meters from the beach behind the "main" burgas beach hotel

booking.com take no responsibility for the Dune residence cheating the costumers with fake pictures and information on the website of "booking.com"
N  24th of Feb, 2010 by
Wow, I just received the same email. I am sure that my car was fine, I am now really worried and will have to monitor my CC. What a scam.
N  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Well I have booked with these idiots 4 months in advance and I have been asked for my credit card details again TWICE for confirmation despite them already sending me a confirmation!!!

Despite me already confirming it with my details twice... the booking was then cancelled "because I did not give my credit card details"

I am dealing with the hotel directly now but the price for the room has now gone up by 80 Euros... I am going to contact my bank now and tell them to watch out for my account being debited...

Booking.com Logo Booking.com